What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benefits in the Broncos draw

Silent Knight

First Grade
I knew before I opened this thread that the term butt hurt would be front and centre.

On topic, who cares if the Donkeys get a favourable draw? The team is still sh*t.

VictoryFC

Bench
You seem to be suggesting that having a finals series balances it all up. But often it seems that some teams that get an easier draw make finals over better teams with a harder draw.

Thing is, teams ending up 8th scrapping for a finals spot and those better teams that end up missing the finals have absolutely no chance of actually winning the comp. I made a thread yesterday regarding the fact that no team has won the NRL that had a PD of less than 100+. Teams coming 10th-6th almost never have a PD of over 100, which goes to show that all in all they're pretty average teams.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
We played every team currently in the top 4 in a marathon run at the start of the year, and since that is now ancient history, the revisionists have come out and cry favorable draw.

You are a deadset plonker, @pantherz9103

pantherz9103

First Grade
Well it is true I am a bit ‘butt hurt’ about not getting to play Broncos at home. My family members are Bronco fans and the banter is all pretty much one way because we haven’t been getting any home games against them and we shit at Suncorp.. but taking off the Panther glasses it is still clear the Broncos are a bigger priority to ‘look after’ for the NRL than say a Tigers, Knights or Titans..

pantherz9103

First Grade
We played every team currently in the top 4 in a marathon run at the start of the year, and since that is now ancient history, the revisionists have come out and cry favorable draw.

You are a deadset plonker, @pantherz9103

You still get an extra home game each year against Manly and favourable turnarounds compared to other clubs. Greater free to air exposure regardless of form.. Can’t have the Broncos missing the 8, especially with the other 2 qlder Teams already missing it.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You still get an extra home game each year against Manly and favourable turnarounds compared to other clubs. Greater free to air exposure regardless of form.. Can’t have the Broncos missing the 8, especially with the other 2 qlder Teams already missing it.

Meanwhile TPJ is gonna get 5 weeks on Monday for an accidental crusher.

Give me a million spells.

blaza88z

Coach

You're trolling at this point.

Someguy

First Grade
I reckon we need a system where by the finishing positions from previous season determines the draw. The NFL has a very fair and well thought out system, though the use of divisions and conferences makes it actually easier to get right.

Why not something like a 24 week season (2 byes) top 8 from previous season all play each other twice and same for the bottom 8

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Broncos fans carrying on as expected. What's new?

Yes the donkeys get a favourable draw. They always do and we all know that won't change.

I reckon it may have something to do with what the broadcasters want. They pay the bills idiot. Youre welcome

Bandwagon

Staff member
I reckon we need a system where by the finishing positions from previous season determines the draw. The NFL has a very fair and well thought out system, though the use of divisions and conferences makes it actually easier to get right.

Why not something like a 24 week season (2 byes) top 8 from previous season all play each other twice and same for the bottom 8

This is a pretty sensible post.

Which begs the question, what is it doing in this thread?

avocado

Juniors
Broncos have been getting a favourable draw and favours from the the NRL and ch 9 for as long as I can remember.
But despite this they’ve won f:::k all for as long as I can remember.

This makes me happy.

gUt

Coach
If one of the four thousand panthers players that tried had managed to tackle payne haas, no thread.

mongoose

Coach
since we're whinging about the draw, Raiders this year have to play Storm twice, Roosters twice, Sea Eagles twice, Eels twice, Sharks twice, Bulldogs once, Titans once and Dragons once.

I'm not saying that Penrith lost the game due to this (they lost it because they played crap and have no attacking plans) but I'll still be keen to see the NRL draw for 2020, especially the Broncos draw.

Penrith haven't had a home game against the Broncos since early 2016. So if Penrith have to travel to Suncorp again before receiving another home game against these lot, then fans should raise this scheduling issue with the NRL.

That and no other team gets 13 home games in a year except for the Broncos (with their 'away' game against Manly each year at Suncorp). The benefits for the Broncos in the draw aren't even subtle.

Somehow the Broncos also get to play 8 weeks straight in Queensland at a crucial time of the year.

Any draw where not everyone plays the other team twice is unfair to begin with, that's why a competition like the EPL is ideal..yet somehow a club like the Broncos still gets a pretty good deal.
Hey cry baby, when you travel to Brisbane this is how it's done: