What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benefits in the Broncos draw

Canard

Immortal
I reckon we need a system where by the finishing positions from previous season determines the draw. The NFL has a very fair and well thought out system, though the use of divisions and conferences makes it actually easier to get right.

Why not something like a 24 week season (2 byes) top 8 from previous season all play each other twice and same for the bottom 8
This is a pretty sensible post.

Which begs the question, what is it doing in this thread?

This system is logical, not necessarily fairer.

The form of teams changes so much from year to year that a "tough" draw in the off-season is a easy ride by Round 10.

As for the OP, pure rubbish.

DeeJ

Bench
There's advantages and disadvantages. The Broncos get to play somewhat consistently on Thursday and Friday nights, but they have regularly requested to play on Sunday afternoons for many years now. And we have gotten maybe 1-2 games per year in that slot.

We also have to play the top sides more often as these are big clashes that will draw in spectators. At the start of the season it was reported the Broncos played top 8 sides (from last year) more times than any other team.

As a guy that relies on free to air TV, it's good to be a Broncos fan, though. Too bad I've had to watch straight up garbage this season.

big hit!

Bench
The draw itself is neither here nor there, basically a case of swings and roundabouts...

The real advantage gained by the Broncos is the consistent Friday night time slot and free to air exposure advantage that comes with that. This adds a massive sponsorship bonus to either club or third party’s which, of course, helps in attracting both players and sponsorship..

There’s absolutely zero blame to be apportioned to the Broncos here: the schedule is what Channel Nein want, so there's literally no point in having a go at the club and the supporters...

An S&C coach will also tell you it helps greatly with the weekly training plan. The Broncos can consistently fit in their prep work every week.

Lebbo73

Bench
I'm not saying that Penrith lost the game due to this (they lost it because they played crap and have no attacking plans) but I'll still be keen to see the NRL draw for 2020, especially the Broncos draw.

Penrith haven't had a home game against the Broncos since early 2016. So if Penrith have to travel to Suncorp again before receiving another home game against these lot, then fans should raise this scheduling issue with the NRL.

That and no other team gets 13 home games in a year except for the Broncos (with their 'away' game against Manly each year at Suncorp). The benefits for the Broncos in the draw aren't even subtle.

Somehow the Broncos also get to play 8 weeks straight in Queensland at a crucial time of the year.

Any draw where not everyone plays the other team twice is unfair to begin with, that's why a competition like the EPL is ideal..yet somehow a club like the Broncos still gets a pretty good deal.
I’ll bet my left nut that Penrith had Brisbane as a low priority to play at your shitty home ground. Go and talk to the board and ask them why loser.

beave

Coach
You’re a f**king tool
View attachment 32379

sweet comeback.

As a broncos fan, you’d know a fair bit about sweet comebacks though......

images

insert.pause

First Grade
The draw itself is neither here nor there, basically a case of swings and roundabouts...

The real advantage gained by the Broncos is the consistent Friday night time slot and free to air exposure advantage that comes with that. This adds a massive sponsorship bonus to either club or third party’s which, of course, helps in attracting both players and sponsorship..

There’s absolutely zero blame to be apportioned to the Broncos here: the schedule is what Channel Nein want, so there's literally no point in having a go at the club and the supporters...
You know the Broncos have only played back to back Friday night games once this year, and have played more games on a sat or sun than they have on a Friday so far. Since rd10 they have had only 2 Friday night games.

insert.pause

First Grade
I'm not saying that Penrith lost the game due to this (they lost it because they played crap and have no attacking plans) but I'll still be keen to see the NRL draw for 2020, especially the Broncos draw.

Penrith haven't had a home game against the Broncos since early 2016. So if Penrith have to travel to Suncorp again before receiving another home game against these lot, then fans should raise this scheduling issue with the NRL.

That and no other team gets 13 home games in a year except for the Broncos (with their 'away' game against Manly each year at Suncorp). The benefits for the Broncos in the draw aren't even subtle.

Somehow the Broncos also get to play 8 weeks straight in Queensland at a crucial time of the year.

Any draw where not everyone plays the other team twice is unfair to begin with, that's why a competition like the EPL is ideal..yet somehow a club like the Broncos still gets a pretty good deal.
How is it the Broncos problem that Manly have to sell a game to Suncorp to get anyone to turn up?

Over the years how many times have clubs who share ANZ Stadium got to play there in one season?

How many times do Sydney clubs have to actually get on a plane to go to a game? A handful? The roosters would have left Sydney probably once in the first 8 rds and between rd 11 & rd 25 if they didn’t sell off a home game to Adelaide the furthest they would have had to travel is to Canberra.

The draw isn’t fair and it never will be.

KOMORI

Juniors
You know the Broncos have only played back to back Friday night games once this year, and have played more games on a sat or sun than they have on a Friday so far. Since rd10 they have had only 2 Friday night games.
Be that as it may (and to be honest I did not know that!) they do get the advantage of more free to air games than anyone else.

It's just so unfair isn't it, excuse me while I get my violin.

Hey Blabla,

We're already playing our violins for Brisbane and laughing at how sh*t your club is despite all the clear leg-ups you get.

You guys really do suck!

Last edited:

no name

Coach
Looks like they’ll have to change their name to the Thursday’s instead.

Latest posts