What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall ?

Datramp

Juniors
I really hope we don't sign Benji his best years are behind him and even at his best his defense was still pretty bad.

If we do end up with him I am hoping we play him at centre rather than half. He played a few games at halfback for the tigers and was mediocre at best. Having a ball playing centre in place of green with a license to roam might work though. I would run

Dugan - (although tbh I prefer Quinlan's support play)
Morris
Beale
Marshall
Nightengale
Widdop
Williams - While Witt is more consistant, Williams has a great kicking game, especially in attack
Stockwell
Rein
Merrin
Creagh
Thompson
De Belin

Int
Frizell
Ah Mau
Cooper
Garvey

Hunt should probably be in the team, but he causes too many issues. The other way you could try is thompson at centre outside benji and benji defends at centre ala how we had soward defend.

Guess it depends. Who is a weaker link? Witt/Williams at half or Green at centre. Either way Benji is playing out of his preferred #6.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Last time I looked you've got to earn form.
It will be interesting watching him try and pull out of his ar@e
Especially behind our inept forward pack.

This whole saga will be another Bunji flash in the pan moment.
But the good that will come out of it.
Doust and Prince Pricy will finally be caught out
Anyone remember Doust's You Tube interview.
This sh*t is on him - And it getting worse.
Hence this desperate play for A tiger, nobody else wants.
Are things getting Worse or as a optimist, did they make a turn for the better.

By some F&*ken forwards. - And piss Young off.
Ps What the F*&k is McGreggor telling our players when he runs behind them.
What ever he's saying is not working.

Putting the Green and Gold on tonight over the red V as i do when they're in town.
As the the tiger in the hood - God Help us all!!!!!!

GKJ79

Juniors
I put this up yesterday but for some reason it was taken down. And it wasn't some crap i read on twitter i said it was from a good source the deal was already done yesterday.

possm

Coach
I think the team listed below is a lot more experienced, skillful and balanced:

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Mata'Utia
4. Beale
5. Nightingale
6. Marshall
7. Widdop
8. Stockwell
9. Rein
10. Cooper
11. Creagh
12. Thompson
13. Merrin

14. Witt
15. De Belin
16. Frizell
17. Harrison / Ah Mau / Ailaomai

I think the team listed below is a lot more experienced, skillful and balanced:

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Mata'Utia
4. Beale
5. Nightingale
6. Marshall
7. Widdop
8. Stockwell
9. Rein
10. Cooper
11. Creagh
12. Thompson
13. Merrin

14. Witt
15. De Belin
16. Frizell
17. Harrison / Ah Mau / Ailaomai
hey possm old mate wheres kasiano have you dropped him to the reggies!:D

Twenty10

Juniors
I really hope we don't sign Benji his best years are behind him and even at his best his defense was still pretty bad.

If we do end up with him I am hoping we play him at centre rather than half. He played a few games at halfback for the tigers and was mediocre at best. Having a ball playing centre in place of green with a license to roam might work though. I would run

Dugan - (although tbh I prefer Quinlan's support play)
Morris
Beale
Marshall
Nightengale
Widdop
Williams - While Witt is more consistant, Williams has a great kicking game, especially in attack
Stockwell
Rein
Merrin
Creagh
Thompson
De Belin

Int
Frizell
Ah Mau
Cooper
Garvey

Hunt should probably be in the team, but he causes too many issues. The other way you could try is thompson at centre outside benji and benji defends at centre ala how we had soward defend.

Guess it depends. Who is a weaker link? Witt/Williams at half or Green at centre. Either way Benji is playing out of his preferred #6.

Mate Williams is hopeless. Nowhere near up to it. Had a chance and was terrible. Stupid error, no footy smarts, bad in defence. He won't play again unless injury strikes

dragon05

Juniors
Can someone close by Kogarah get down to the leagues club and confirm or deny what this guy is doing and put all of us out of this misery.

Dead set i cannot believe who ever is making the recruitment decisions that they would spend money on this bloke.

Forwards anyone?

TheRev

Coach
Last tweet from the Mole says the deal with the Dragons has fallen through.
I think its referring to a twitter about the Rangi Chase deal that fell through last year! I thought the same till I followed the link (note that I know 0 about twitter, but seemingly all the rumours are there).

Latest posts