What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall ?

willzy91

Juniors
fingers crossed matty is right with this, and hopefully they announce it tonight so he can hurrry up and get to training.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Can someone close by Kogarah get down to the leagues club and confirm or deny what this guy is doing and put all of us out of this misery.

Dead set i cannot believe who ever is making the recruitment decisions that they would spend money on this bloke.

Forwards anyone?

For those worrying about anything being announced tonight or the weekend, nothing will happen officially until next week. It needs to approved by the NRL ( the dollar amounts at a certain level for a player of his status, the 3rd party or other deals etc ) to ensure it's going to keep the Dragons under the salary cap.

I'd say it'll be Monday or Tuesday, but it could be stretched out to hit the traditional & much loved Friday press conference.

FlameThrower

Bench
We'll according to SMH.

Dragons favourites to sign Marshall
BRAD WALTER 6:29pm Marshall is understood to be waiting for the Dragons to forward their offer in writing.

TruSaint

Referee
Not that Im fussed, but is this deja vu ?

A dutch auction, raise value and sayonara.

Like I said, its not the end of the world, but we often end up losing these mind games.

Mr Red

First Grade
Red, you think we have secured him ?
Im not so sure yet buddy.

I hope ur right.
Sharks offer is less but he might still take it to play with his mates...
Sharks saving cash for an offer for Ennis I think..

TruSaint

Referee
I hope ur right.

Mate Im terrible at these rumours.
My gut tells me he will be a Shark come Monday.
Rumours are the Ennis deal is still not secure.

dragonreddy

Juniors
I hope ur right.

I reckon( AND HOPE) he will go to the Sharks would be more in his comfort zone with all his old team mates,he is not the answer to our problems while we keep the same coach.

TruSaint

Referee
I reckon( AND HOPE) he will go to the Sharks would be more in his comfort zone with all his old team mates,he is not the answer to our problems while we keep the same coach.

DR, I tend to agree.
On both counts.
I dont doubt Benji has talent, but is he a good fit?
Sheens apparently couldnt control his influence (rumours), but if true what will Price do?
Im a bad gambler, I say he is going to the Sharks... which probably means he will be playing half for us next week. :sarcasm:

bottle

Coach
Rumour on JA saying players have been told by staff that he's signed with us.
Take it for what it's worth.

bottle

Coach
Silly comment coast. Any new acquisition can be funded by letting players go/not re signing. Also further salary cap increases to come.
I get that you have some frustration, but you don't know the salary cap position.

Latest posts