What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji's Glass Shoulder Strikes Again

parra pete

Referee
A terrible shame. Great player, great asset to Rugby League. The type of player that gets fans through the gate.
I agree with the suggestion that he sits out 2008 to get the shoulder right. It is useless as it is now. He'll end up washing cars for a living if he doesn't let it mend properly.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He just sat out eight months and had a full off season of strength and conditioning.

Sitting out another year isn't going to make any difference.

Maori-Boy

Juniors
J T said:
Benji Marshall is a good player, but will be lucky to be still playing at 30 yrs of age tbh

If i was him id go to union,play flyhalf, do jack sh*t tackling. Much rather tackle a fat,slow,prop off a one metre run up than a rampaging league prop on a 20 metre run up. You can hide in union if your suspect in defense or in benjis case ''damaged goods''. Now ive layed that juicy bait, let the union diehards fight over taking it lol

RainMan

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
As Gus Gould said on the sunday roast this morning.

What is benji's value as a player now ? Essentially he is damaged goods, how many clubs wuld risk signing him on the dollars he would want?

Classic Gus.

badav

Bench
_Johnsy said:
As Gus Gould said on the sunday roast this morning.

What is benji's value as a player now ? Essentially he is damaged goods, how many clubs wuld risk signing him on the dollars he would want?

IMO the problem is his tackling technique, timing andhow he chooses to tackle opposing players, it almost seems like he is tryingto prove his shoulder is 100%.

Sad sad state indeed.

There would be plenty of clubs willing to sign him up i am sure of that.

And you cant attribute this latest injury to poor tackling technique. It was just unlucky, simple as that.

miccle

Bench
Definitely a good sign that the Tigers played so well without him, but you can't really help but feel for Benji.

I don't know if I rate him as a superstar as many players do, but I have a lot of respect for him both on and off the field and I honestly hope he can get through this, recover and have a long career yet. It's always a huge blow for the game when exciting young players get seriously injured.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Tigers won't make the 8 without him. I don't care if everyone reckons he isn't that important to them atm. You can quote me on that.

SBW has been going strong for the past 12 months and is killing it atm :cool:

bjm8

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Tigers won't make the 8 without him. I don't care if everyone reckons he isn't that important to them atm. You can quote me on that.

SBW has been going strong for the past 12 months and is killing it atm :cool:

ok, i will.

_Johnsy

Referee
badav said:
There would be plenty of clubs willing to sign him up i am sure of that.

And you cant attribute this latest injury to poor tackling technique. It was just unlucky, simple as that.

Badav

I think it is technique, look at each tackle he has injured his shoulder. Trying to pull off a big hit on a player much bigger than you is well stupid, after you have had one reconstruction, then the latest one is poor technique IMO

hrundi99

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
Badav

I think it is technique, look at each tackle he has injured his shoulder. Trying to pull off a big hit on a player much bigger than you is well stupid, after you have had one reconstruction, then the latest one is poor technique IMO

It had nothing to do with technique and everything to do with Tuiaki hitting him at an unfortunate angle.

Most people would have hurt their shoulder in such a scenario...

Choppies

Coach
You have to feel sorry for Bungi. These shoulder injuries will take years of his career and I don't think anyone would like to see that.

bjm8

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
Badav

Hmm. The last two injuries have come from- trying to put a shoulder charge on a man twice the size of him vs panthers, and, getting in a seriously awkward postition to have his shoulder squashed between the ball carrier and tuiaki. Completely different situations, are you even watching?:crazy:

Latest posts