What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennet butthurt

Is wayne a sore loser?

• Yes

Votes: 43 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
If only Bennett has some sort of official position in the game, like chairing some sort of rules committee for a number of years or something, where he could make a change to the golden point rule.....

Miserable old merkin has been destroying the game for 6 seasons coaching his negative bennett ball to 3 different teams. I'm glad his negative play has finally not been rewarded

Indelible

Juniors
Sook and a hypocrite. Had a whinge at everyone for not talking about how great the game was and then went into a tirade about golden point.

blaza88z

Coach
I don't agree with the way we approached the game in the 2nd half but he does have a point about golden point, it's okay for regular season games to be decided like that (they have a similar rule in the NHL regarding shootouts, in the finals there are no shootouts).. but this was a grand final

surely you want the best team to win based on merit not whoever can kick the first field goal

Shorty

Staff member
The thing is he could have won that game for his players by NOT instructing his half to kick it out.
Cows took advantage of it.
Had nothing to do with golden point, Hunt...a young half crippled under pressure, he needs to get over it.

axl rose

Bench
I don't agree with the way we approached the game in the 2nd half but he does have a point about golden point, it's okay for regular season games to be decided like that (they have a similar rule in the NHL regarding shootouts, in the finals there are no shootouts).. but this was a grand final

surely you want the best team to win based on merit not whoever can kick the first field goal

It should be 10 each way in extra time, there was never anything wrong with that, but Uncle Benny was saying replay it. Sore loser.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Not a sore loser at all. Tbh I didn't have a problem with what he said. Golden Point does suck. I'd much rather a GF be replayed or decided by Golden Try.

But it was never going to take long for someone to call Bennett butthurt though.

100%

Bennett made a completely logical point and i completely agree with him. This field goal bullshit should never, ever be played in any finals games, let alone a GF.
Those whinging probably support the many clubs he's carved up in his seven premiership years.

aqua_duck

Coach
So what's the difference between kicking a field goal to win in the final minutes of the game as opposed to in extra time? I don't think there should be golden point in the regular season but you need to have a result in the finals, replays just aren't viable in this day and age, I mean if you had a draw in a semi would you replay the game 3 days later as well?

Speaking of butthurt as a Broncos fan... everything I saw from Corey Parker after the game was incredibly disappointing. I get he was upset he lost but from what I saw he was just being a merkin after the game.

ellskimore

Juniors
Bennett butthurt? Did you not see him down on the sideline embracing Thurston in congratulations?

To ignore his post-match on field interactions with the opposition players and point to a concern he has raised several times as a coach in his press conference and interpret that as butthurt speaks more of your need to put the boot into a guy you clearly dislike, no matter what context or relevant information is missing.

Although, in saying that, I guess his final comment of 'The final result was 16 all. Golden Point decided it' seems a bit like he is unwilling to accept the loss.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
If Thurston's kick had gone a cm further left, he wouldn't have had to whinge about golden point. He got lucky to get there.

I do agree though that golden point should be binned. There was never anything wrong with draws and 10 each way in finals.

TheFrog

Coach
A lot of disgust towards golden point. Would have preferred a draw and to come back a week later and replay. Miserable f**ker

Golden point after 10 minutes of extra time would be better. As it stood the premiership was won and lost by the Hunt knock-on.

i don't think he was really butthurt...only disputing golden point, which I agree with him. It's a lame way to decide a game imo

Tommy Smith

Referee
Speaking of butthurt as a Broncos fan... everything I saw from Corey Parker after the game was incredibly disappointing. I get he was upset he lost but from what I saw he was just being a merkin after the game.
Not surprising.

From all reports he's a huge merkin.

typicalfan

Coach
Probably not the time or place but he has a point. Although a replay is an outdated concept. Should be extra time.