What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bennett to leave Dragons at end of 2012 season

Wayne Bennett is reported to be announcing his departure from the St George Illawarra Dragons at the conclusion of the 2011 season.

LeagueUnlimited.com understands a press conference is scheduled for Wednesday, 30 March at the Steelers Club, Wollongong, where Bennett will announce his plans to move on from the joint venture club which he steered to its maiden premiership in 2010.

His replacement is yet to be confirmed, although it is understood assistant coach Steve Price is a frontrunner for the role.

LeagueUnlimited.com will bring you more on this news as it comes to hand.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20710

Mercury Front Page: http://covers.ruralpress.com/frontpages/258/50262.pdf

Last edited:

Didgi

I heard there is also some big financial news coming out tomorrow.

So, Souffs, Knights, Broncs? And can anyone tell us anything about this Steve Price guy?

Ianc

Juniors
A question to Dragons fans.

Has Bennett changed the culture of success enough for it to stay once he leaves?

Big Pete

Referee
I think Price can do a reasonable job. Has been with the club for awhile has achieved some reasonable results in the NYC and Samoa. (I think...)

People will be quick to point to Henjak but I thought Ivan was pushed to make way for Bennett. He was doing well given he was trying to rebuild the squad within 2 years.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm telling you now there is zero chance Bennett goes to Brisbane. It will be either Souths or Newcastle.

Latest posts