What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett Cut Loose By Broncos

possm

Coach
I love the crazy Wayne too
Pushing the Broncos management into a corner, love it
He has a contract
If they want him gone 1 year early, let them pay him out
He has another job lined up for 2020, after the current contract ends
That’s no business of the bronco management
As Wayne says, if you want me out 12 months early, pay me out
Otherwise I will see out what I signed up for

LOL at the Broncos, good on Wayne
Seibold is not wanted at Souths after what he did, that’s the real problem

Maybe Souths will take Mary in exchange for Seibold. I think even our useless Board would approve a deal like that.

Gareth67

First Grade
Glad that he has done exactly what he had said from the beginning , fulfill his contractual obligations to the Broncos and shall be there come 2019 - come hell or high water .

And I agree with ouryears - suck eggs you pack of mercenary donkeys , it so nice to see you step into your own shat for a change , instead of creating shat for other clubs with your endless supply of money .

Of course then there is always Souths whom had had a big hand in all of this , them and their ‘ double dealing ‘ which has now come back to bite them on the arse . Once again money and selfishness is the root of all of their problems - you mob can go and suck some oversized hare eggs .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Glad that he has done exactly what he had said from the beginning , fulfill his contractual obligations to the Broncos and shall be there come 2019 - come hell or high water .

And I agree with ouryears - suck eggs you pack of mercenary donkeys , it so nice to see you step into your own shat for a change , instead of creating shat for other clubs with your endless supply of money .

Of course then there is always Souths whom had had a big hand in all of this , them and their ‘ double dealing ‘ which has now come back to bite them on the arse . Once again money and selfishness is the root of all of their problems - you mob can go and suck some oversized hare eggs .

Souths don't want Seibold for 2019, his dealings with the Broncos have put him on the nose at the Rabbits. I suggest we table a 3 year deal for Seibol and if he agrees to coach SGI, sigh him, payout Mary, Hornby and Young. Let Seibold pick his own assistants.

BLM01

First Grade
Souths don't want Seibold for 2019, his dealings with the Broncos have put him on the nose at the Rabbits. I suggest we table a 3 year deal for Seibol and if he agrees to coach SGI, sigh him, payout Mary, Hornby and Young. Let Seibold pick his own assistants.
LOL..nice try but a bit late for that Possm. I think he would rather Brisbane than Wollongong / Kogarah

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Your a hard but fair man, Gareth67.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Anthony Seibold’s stunning spray at Souths, Broncos and Bennett
South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold has finally snapped.

After weeks of deliberation and uncertainty over his future, the Broncos coach-in-waiting launched a scathing attack on Wayne Bennett yesterday, and revealed the emotional toll on his young family.

And in an email Seibold wrote to chief executive Blake Solly, obtained by The Sunday Telegraph, the embattled coach reveals he had been shut out of all key decision making for 2019.

He says he has been told twice by Solly and South Sydney football manager Shane Richardson that he would be coaching the Broncos in 2019, and that he had actually packed up and cleaned out his office at the Rabbitohs on Thursday afternoon.

“I have had a gutful,” he said, “I’ve been sitting here for four weeks and feeling like a punching bag.

“It’s not acceptable and it’s not fair.

905110301d18b98e866591042acdc68f

Anthony Seibold has taken a huge swipe at the Broncos and Wayne Bennett as well as Rabbitohs CEO Blake Solly (far right).
“I told my wife and three daughters we’re leaving. We’ve told the kids twice we’re moving and then twice that we’re staying. They’ve been in tears. We’re trying to sort out their schools. It’s really taking its toll on them.”

In the email to Solly, it’s revealed Souths:

* Refused to allow Seibold to appoint an assistant coach to replace David Furner, thinking Bennett would bring his own. They still don’t have one.

* Abandoned an off-season training camp at the Australian Institute of Sport because Bennett had asked to do an Army camp instead.

* Had been dealing with Bennett on potential new signings and that winger Robert Jennings was no longer being paid because his contract had not been registered as a result of the coaching uncertainty.

READ EXTRACTS FROM THE EMAIL IN FULL BELOW

Seibold also revealed Bennett had been ringing Souths players in recent weeks about his plans for next year. Seibold claims Bennett had already told fullback Alex Johnston he was moving to the wing if Greg Inglis wanted to play fullback.

“He’s been ringing up the Souths boys but then tells his press conference he hasn’t spoken to anyone,” Seibold said, “That’s absolute bullshit.

“He’s rang Damien Cook, Alex Johnston, Sam Burgess. It’s all gone too far and has to be sorted out.”

As late as Thursday, Seibold was told by the Rabbitohs he would be swapping with Bennett.

It is why he has now blown up after watching Bennett’s backflip press conference on Friday.

“Shane Richardson and Blake Solly said they’re moving me to Brisbane,” he said.

“I’ve got all the text messages. Thursday week ago was the first time. During the week they told me Wayne had agreed to the swap.

“I’m sick of Wayne carrying on. I’ve bit my tongue and said nothing until now.

4fa533369188268401ee71a51ce11047

Anthony Seibold has no idea what kind of role he’ll have with the Rabbitohs and starts like Sam Burgess moving forward. Picture: Phil Hillyard
“Wayne has twice given his word to Shane Richardson that he’s coming. That’s what Richo told me.

“It was all going to be done by December 3. I had a camp planned for the AIS but Wayne wanted an Army camp. I challenged one of my staff members and he told me he’d been told not to pay the deposit with the AIS.”

Seibold says he is more than happy to remain at the Rabbitohs. He just wants transparency and Bennett to stop interfering if he’s not coming to Sydney.

“Not once have I gone to Souths and said I wanted to leave,” he said, “Not once. They’ll tell you that.

“I just want clarity and so do the players. I feel for the players at both clubs. It’s a joke.

“I’ve still got control with the coaching of the players which is important.

“But everything else has been taken out of my control. My complaint is not about Souths. It’s about Wayne... he’s playing games.

c08dde5e51e7974f8a6158a0c5cc6339

Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold has no idea where he’ll coach in 2019. Picture: Chris Pavlich
“I get the idea Souths want a swap and if they believe it’s the best thing, we’ve got to put the club first and it’s got to happen.

“I haven’t been involved in recruitment or retention for four weeks but if I’m here at Souths, I’m going to be judged the team’s performances and who we’ve got in the group.”

Despite reports to the contrary, he insists he has the full support of the playing group.

“We went from 12th to third last year because we had a great relationship and a fantastic group,” Seibold said.

“I wish I could show you all their text messages. They don’t deserve to be treated like this.”

SEIBOLD’S EMAIL TO THE RABBITOHS CEO
An edited extract of an email Anthony Seibold sent to Rabbitohs chief executive Blake Solly on Tuesday.

To Blake Solly,

As a follow up to yesterday’s morning’s meeting I wanted to put on record the discussion points and concerns I raised in front of the football staff.

For clarity & certainty for all staff - It had been communicated to me that Wayne Bennett had made a commitment that he would be starting at South Sydney Rabbitohs on December 3rd 2018 -

Wayne Bennett had now reneged on his promise to be at South Sydney on December 3rd. Discussions were still ongoing with him. Resolution was still unknown.

*Cancellation of the AIS Pre-Season Camp - Brock Schaefer replied he had been ordered to not pay the deposit on the AIS camp due to a potential Army Camp not planned by current Head Coach.

*Robert Jennings - Why has he not been paid and why was that not communicated to me as Head Coach? Speaking to Robert he said he was stressed with the situation and has still not been paid or been communicated to directly. Mark Ellison told the meeting he had signed a contract but the club could not register presently.

* Potential signing of Liam Knight from the Canberra Raiders - Ben Rogers replied that Peter Mullholland had contacted himself and Wayne Bennett to discuss the possible signing of Liam Knight for 2019. Liam has not been signed but Wayne was consulted on the possibility of his recruitment. Whist Head Coach I wanted an update of our current Retention & Recruitment conversations as I have not been updated since returning for work on November 7th - Ben Rogers agreed to come and see me which he followed up on this afternoon to update. He communicated to me that all Recruitment & Retention decisions had been put on hold until further notice.

86d47eeb6a7504f7224afb35cb9f4aa5

Further points of discussion I wish to document regarding communication to me made on the provision of Wayne Bennett coming on December 3rd:

* Appointment of Jarred Wade as Head of Performance as a direct replacement for Paul Devlin - What has been communicated to Jarred since -Wayne Bennett has back-flipped on his promise to be at Souths by December 3rd?

* Alex Johnston - Alex spoke to me today that Wayne Bennett contacted him regarding his playing future for 2019 and his possible position change to the wing if Greg Inglis wants to play Fullback. Alex now has until Friday to let an un-named NRL club know if he asks for a release and accepts a contract with them for 2019.

* Last week Wayne Bennett called Paul Devlin and asked him to stay for 2019 and that he would extend his contract if he would stay and that it was him who was making the decisions at Souths going forward. Paul Devlin indicated he wanted to work with me as Head of Performance going forward.

* Appointment of Assistant Coach as a replacement of David Furner for 2019 - Email dated from Shane Richardson on 5th November 2018 stating - “In view of the current situation with your move to the Broncos we will not be appointing a new assistant for 2019.” If a swap does not occur I will seek the appointment of Ben Cross as Forwards Coach for 2019

Wrestling Coach - Alex Prates / Fabriciio Itte - Mark Ellison contacted Alex regarding Wayne wanting to get a wrestle coach for 2019. Alex Prates the current Souths Wrestling Coach called me to ask could he recommend a coach to Mark and that Mark had indicated Wayne was starting on December 3rd.

If a swap does not occur where does this leave both Alex Prates and Fabriciio Itte (Wrestling coach) Mark Ellison was seeking out for Wayne Bennett.

Anthony Seibold

possm

Coach
LOL..nice try but a bit late for that Possm. I think he would rather Brisbane than Wollongong / Kogarah

I agree however, if Bennett does not move on and the Broncos don't pay him out, Seibold has nowhere to go. With a bit of luck, we might be able to swap Mary for Seibold on a 1 year deal as a fall back position.

And for goodness sakes, Robert Jennings is not under contract and not being paid. Why doesn't Millward snap him up for the right wing?

Gareth67

First Grade
I do feel for Siebold , he must be feeling a bit like Anthony Mundine at th

Continued below .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
I do feel for Anthony Siebold , he must be feeling a bit like Anthony Mundine at the moment - somewhat deflated. He had been promised the position as head coach at the Broncos only to see everything fall to pieces at the last possible moment , perhaps someone should had told him to not to look at the fine-print of the contract , but rather the large print that stated - “ To commence as head coach of the Brisbane Broncos FROM 2020 “ I believe that it would hade made a huge difference in whether or not in packing his bags too early .

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I do feel for Siebold , he must be feeling a bit like Anthony Mundine at th
Siebold kind of did the same to Souffs as well, he strung them along hedging he's bets that hopefully he would pick up the Bronco's deal, he did it for hes own benefit as anyone would, same as Bennett heding he will get sacked/payed out and get another contract for 2019, either way both coaches are on a big wicket,they can suck it up...
Interesting bit about A Johnston, shifting to the wing, no chance he would join us as some have mentioned to play wing unless you pay him fullback money and im assuming the mystery club was sharks, but they have now signed SJohnson instead...

TomRedVRiver

Bench
This is f**king nuts. This off-season might be more entertaining than the regular playing season.

But in all seriousness, this situation has gotten so far out of hand at this point. Even if the swap does happen, so much damage has been done.

Hard Yards

Juniors
Hope the Siebold email was not marked in "strict confidence" . What a circus, no winners in any of this. Telegraph are issued copy of text almost immediately.

BLM01

First Grade
This is f**king nuts. This off-season might be more entertaining than the regular playing season.

But in all seriousness, this situation has gotten so far out of hand at this point. Even if the swap does happen, so much damage has been done.
Yes because player managers have too much after been given too much power in the game. Under the current RLPA agreements calls for the NRL to do something about it are now fruitless. They are powerless but will be seen to offer sand bags at the location of the flood gates. The tradiiton will continue

possm

Coach
I do feel for Anthony Siebold , he must be feeling a bit like Anthony Mundine at the moment - somewhat deflated. He had been promised the position as head coach at the Broncos only to see everything fall to pieces at the last possible moment , perhaps someone should had told him to not to look at the fine-print of the contract , but rather the large print that stated - “ To commence as head coach of the Brisbane Broncos FROM 2020 “ I believe that it would hade made a huge difference in whether or not in packing his bags too early .

It is all in the hands of Broncos management. They have the coin to pay out Bennett's contract but refuse to give him the satisfaction of a win. In the process the Broncos are putting Seibold off side.

I say sign Seibold now on a 3 year deal; a marriage made in heaven.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Bennett is a narcissistic old "(insert 4 letter word here)".
I'm glad we never entertained the idea of re-hiring him as head coach.

As for Seibold, we you made your bed sunshine and now you have to sleep in it. You applied for the job and were ready to break your contract, so dont cry over it because now you've been shut out. Of course the incoming coach will want clarity of his players etc, have you not entertained the same thought process? Or did you just expect to turn up on 4th December and say Hi!
Bennett is planning you are whinging.

The only ones i feel sorry for are Seibolds kids. They are the victims in this circus.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
It is all in the hands of Broncos management. They have the coin to pay out Bennett's contract but refuse to give him the satisfaction of a win. In the process the Broncos are putting Seibold off side.

I say sign Seibold now on a 3 year deal; a marriage made in heaven.
You do know that the "coaching dept" has a salary cap now, that by paying him out and bringing in Seibold could potentially see them go over that cap and cop a fine..
Seibold is already signed to the Broncos for 2020-2022, not sure how you think we can sign him all of a sudden without joining the current circus between the broncos and souffs..

Crush

Coach
Siebold kind iof did the same to Souffs as well, he strung them along hedging he's bets that hopefully he would pick up the Bronco's deal, he did it for hes own benefit as anyone would, same as Bennett heding he will get sacked/payed out and get another contract for 2019, either way both coaches are on a big wicket,they can suck it up...
Interesting bit about A Johnston, shifting to the wing, no chance he would join us as some have mentioned to play wing unless you pay him fullback money and im assuming the mystery club was sharks, but they have now signed SJohnson instead...
I think they are looking for a fullback anyway. I reckon Mary was going to start Hayne at fullback so if they signed Johnston he'd likely get the number 1. I don't like that idea, I'd rather keep Dufty at 1 and bolster our outside backs.

Gareth67

First Grade
Siebold kind of did the same to Souffs as well, he strung them along hedging he's bets that hopefully he would pick up the Bronco's deal, he did it for hes own benefit as anyone would, same as Bennett heding he will get sacked/payed out and get another contract for 2019, either way both coaches are on a big wicket,they can suck it up...

Most certainly, they have both made decisions at a club where neither was contracted - unbelievable ! However what I do find surprising is that the NRL has yet to step in and tell both clubs to sort this debacle out within the week or heavy fines will be given to both.

This is becoming worse than the Todd Carney ‘ bubbler ‘ incident , another black eye to the game . At least tiny Carney had the good sense to do his deed in private ( well almost if you don’t count that camera ) but this battle of the coaches is public fiasco - shame on both clubs for bringing our great game into disrepute .