What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett Cut Loose By Broncos

possm

Coach
Wayne Bennett is set to meet with Brisbane players today to advise them of his coaching future ahead of an anticipated press conference at Broncos HQ.

Bennett attended Broncos training for a short time on Friday at Purtell Park after which he told reporters that he has a big decision to make amid all the drama circulating his coaching swap with Anthony Seibold.

Bennett was in a cheery mode and spoke to players and was also deep in conversation with assistant coach Jason Demetriou.

As he exited training on the walk to his car, he spoke to the media where he was asked about what was going to happen today with the mooted coaching swap with South Sydney a year ahead of schedule.

"I've got a decision to make and the club has got a decision to make. We'll sort it out."

Bennett then went to Broncos HQ where he is expected to hold a press conference in the coming hours to clarify his position.

The Brisbane media has descended on Red Hill and players have begun arriving ahead of their meeting with Bennett.

Adding to the intrigue, former Broncos premiership-winning centre and Storm CEO Chris Johns has also arrived at the club's base.

Broncos players are sitting around, some playing cards, waiting for a planned meeting with Bennett, which was initially scheduled for 11.30am AEST (12.30pm AEDT).

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/30/wayne-bennett-big-decision-to-make-today/

Bennett is past it, he even made Mary looked good last time they played. That is when you know he has lost it. People actually said Mary out coached Bennett flogging his side in a semi at Suncorp.

Seriously what has Bennett done since 2010? Lost a GF playing really dumb tactics trying to waste time in the second half to grind out a win only for Cowboys to eventually win. Bronco's were on top 1st half then went into safety mode (similar to what Mary does) and played down the clock.

People say that Saints are regretting him going but I also think he would be regretting leaving as well looking back. He was on a high at Saints and has nose dived since. I bet he would have won another comp of 2 if he stayed. I am sure if he wanted an extension Saints would have given it to him but because they signed him for 3 and he wanted longer dug his heels and left after 3. As if Saints preferred Price to Bennett. If they had a high profile coach in place they would have not been interested but they didn't hence why the got Price. All Bennett had to do was click his fingers and Saints would have kept him on.
I'm not sure Bennett is past it - I would not be prepared to write him off.
Comparing Mary's coaching on any given day to Bennett has its shortcomings.
Like comparing Joe the Gadget man with a Nuclear scientist.
Without detracting from a great win at Suncorp, we smashed them in the forwards and they collapsed in a heap. They were missing both their star edge forwards and our pack took advantage.
I am not sure how that degrades Bennett's coaching pedigree and elevates Mary's.
As for Bennett's stint with us, you are spot on.
If he had stayed on, we would have added to our silverware.
Instead, our roster was severely compromised because many players moved on.
Bennett would not only have retained who he wanted to retain but also would've attracted players to strengthen his squad.
Bennett plays for keeps.
Instead we have been treated to 5 years of rubbish coaching and compromise.
The club management has been grossly negligent during this time and, unfortunately, the new regime just seems to be following the very same philosophy.
Widdop revelations just another example.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Bennett is past it, he even made Mary looked good last time they played. That is when you know he has lost it. People actually said Mary out coached Bennett flogging his side in a semi at Suncorp.

Seriously what has Bennett done since 2010? Lost a GF playing really dumb tactics trying to waste time in the second half to grind out a win only for Cowboys to eventually win. Bronco's were on top 1st half then went into safety mode (similar to what Mary does) and played down the clock.

People say that Saints are regretting him going but I also think he would be regretting leaving as well looking back. He was on a high at Saints and has nose dived since. I bet he would have won another comp of 2 if he stayed. I am sure if he wanted an extension Saints would have given it to him but because they signed him for 3 and he wanted longer dug his heels and left after 3. As if Saints preferred Price to Bennett. If they had a high profile coach in place they would have not been interested but they didn't hence why the got Price. All Bennett had to do was click his fingers and Saints would have kept him on.
Bennett left Saints because of Tinklers millions

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Probably the old swines in the background
Also Tinkler was offering half a million for every semifinal won and a million for every premiership on top of his contract...that's serious coin....he was throwing it around like confetti on the things he liked. He paid 1.5 million overs for a beachfront house just because it belonged to a former Knights great as a gift....hillbilly fool

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Also Tinkler was offering half a million for every semifinal won and a million for every premiership on top of his contract...that's serious coin....he was throwing it around like confetti on the things he liked. He paid 1.5 million overs for a beachfront house just because it belonged to a former Knights great as a gift....hillbilly fool

Easy come, easy go.
Especially if its other people's money.
Tinkler was for a while, the gift that just keeps giving.
Problem was, he was spending it faster than he could earn it.

Gareth67

First Grade
I hear he has gone into the food business now , as man must eat and therefore he cannot lose any more money , sure way to become a multi millionaire !

Brutalitops

Juniors
Two major observations from all this:

1 - Bloody hell I love crazy old man Wayne, he knows exactly where he's got the broncos and it's entertaining as hell

2 - I am now glad we didn't sign Bennett, as if we did, this might have been happening to us, because he certainly cares more about his payout than the long term health of the Souths right now (which he is entitled to do by the way, just wouldn't want it for us)

ouryears

Bench
Two major observations from all this:

1 - Bloody hell I love crazy old man Wayne, he knows exactly where he's got the broncos and it's entertaining as hell

2 - I am now glad we didn't sign Bennett, as if we did, this might have been happening to us, because he certainly cares more about his payout than the long term health of the Souths right now (which he is entitled to do by the way, just wouldn't want it for us)
I love the crazy Wayne too
Pushing the Broncos management into a corner, love it
He has a contract
If they want him gone 1 year early, let them pay him out
He has another job lined up for 2020, after the current contract ends
That’s no business of the bronco management
As Wayne says, if you want me out 12 months early, pay me out
Otherwise I will see out what I signed up for

LOL at the Broncos, good on Wayne
Seibold is not wanted at Souths after what he did, that’s the real problem

Brutalitops

Juniors
I love the crazy Wayne too
Pushing the Broncos management into a corner, love it
He has a contract
If they want him gone 1 year early, let them pay him out
He has another job lined up for 2020, after the current contract ends
That’s no business of the bronco management
As Wayne says, if you want me out 12 months early, pay me out
Otherwise I will see out what I signed up for

LOL at the Broncos, good on Wayne
Seibold is not wanted at Souths after what he did, that’s the real problem
Yep I'm 100% on Team Wayne, all he's doing is ultimately getting what he's entitled to.

st penguin

Juniors
Yep I'm 100% on Team Wayne, all he's doing is ultimately getting what he's entitled to.
I’m on #teamf**kwayne.

I’m also on #f**kthebroncos.

Clearly Wayne is playing games while trying to appear like he has the moral high ground. I’m so glad we didn’t chase him for another contract.

He showed up his own integrity when reneging on a deal with us 6 years ago. Since then he has clearly been messing with the salary cap (as he did in the 90s). Now he pulls stunts like yesterday’s press conference.

In saying that, the broncos board are pathetic - pretending to love the guy while pushing him out the door.

I’m sitting back munching on my popcorn.

ouryears

Bench
I’m on #teamf**kwayne.

I’m also on #f**kthebroncos.

Clearly Wayne is playing games while trying to appear like he has the moral high ground. I’m so glad we didn’t chase him for another contract.

He showed up his own integrity when reneging on a deal with us 6 years ago. Since then he has clearly been messing with the salary cap (as he did in the 90s). Now he pulls stunts like yesterday’s press conference.

In saying that, the broncos board are pathetic - pretending to love the guy while pushing him out the door.

I’m sitting back munching on my popcorn.
Me too st penguin,
The club want him out, he has a contract
They have the money
Pay him out
Or suffer being cornered like Wayne well and truly has them trapped
The old fox
Wayne has beaten them at their own game

ouryears

Bench
It's become a media Circus. Wayne is now thinking with both Big & Little heads playing with the Broncos Board trying to screw them.
He got us our 2010 premiership and that's all I care about. I just hope this saga ruins both Broncos & Bunnies 2019 title chances and 2 less teams to worry about.
He just wants his money before he leaves if they sack him
Or he is happy to coach them, like his contract states
Seems fair to me
Suck eggs broncos, pay back for screwing us with Tallis and Choc

Latest posts