What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett now

ouryears

Bench
about today....Disgusted and Disgusting
It's going to be extremely hard to get remotely excited or interested in the semi final coming up soon. It's going to take a 30 point win vs Knights to even start a heartbeat.

If we lose to the Knights, i am going away for the semi, somewhere where there is no media of any type, somewhere where there is a glass or 2 of the cold stuff.

Smurf

Juniors
It's going to be extremely hard to get remotely excited or interested in the semi final coming up soon. It's going to take a 30 point win vs Knights to even start a heartbeat.

If we lose to the Knights, i am going away for the semi, somewhere where there is no media of any type, somewhere where there is a glass or 2 of the cold stuff.

Hawaii sounds nice

hazzbeen

Bench

Yes mate it would take a big win plus some exiting new blood to the team , like you say to even start to get exited . The way we played on Sunday we will get done again ....

Frank Facer

First Grade
I will tell you all why we need to sign Bennett more than any other coach. It is because so many Saints fans have "faith" in Bennett. Many fans will believe that Bennett can coach us to another premiership, that faith could actually lead us to another premiership, if he does come back. I am also being 100% serious. I have even wondered if Saints fans in Bennett actually contributed to us winning the comp in 2011.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Many Saints fans still think that Bennett is the Messiah. Come to think of it, to win a comp with Soward and Hornby as our halves was pretty miraculous.

I am hoping that Bennett saw how well we were going at the start of the season and thinks that if he can bring a few players with him, including Pangai, that he would have a team capable of winning a comp on his hands.

If Bennett isn't at Brisbane next year, then I think we would be front runners to get sign him.

Whether Bennett is here not next year, we must have a new coach. We should have had a new coach at least 1 or 2 seasons ago.

epDragon62

First Grade
Many Saints fans still think that Bennett is the Messiah. Come to think of it, to win a comp with Soward and Hornby as our halves was pretty miraculous.

I am hoping that Bennett saw how well we were going at the start of the season and thinks that if he can bring a few players with him, including Pangai, that he would have a team capable of winning a comp on his hands.

If Bennett isn't at Brisbane next year, then I think we would be front runners to get sign him.

Whether Bennett is here not next year, we must have a new coach. We should have had a new coach at least 1 or 2 seasons ago.
Alleluia brother!

I once saw Bennett walk through a puddle and not get his feet wet..........it was a fairly shallow puddle, but it’s something!

getsmarty

Immortal
I Reckon we will end up with Barrett or another "Old Boy "...

Reasons...because of our setup, Coach's cannot bring in their own staff..

Means young/hornby/Millward are safe...Doust talked about our setup being similar to American football.

Meaning the recruitment guy looks after recruitment..Coach just slots in to do his job.

We allegedly lost out on Cleary for this reason and others.

Barrett would slot into this structure .

I guess time will tell.

Frank Facer

First Grade

Means young/hornby/Millward are safe...Doust talked about our setup being similar to American football.

Meaning the recruitment guy looks after recruitment..Coach just slots in to do his job.

I guess time will tell.
You may be correct. I already wondered if we missed out on other coaches in the past, such as Cleary, because they would have been in control of recruitment.

Just remember Bennett is anther "Old boy" too.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

I guess time will tell.

Exactly this.

Why would a young coach (Barrett) just walk out of his current contract citing so many issues, without having something else lined up. The toxic nature of his relationship with the new owners, some of the players and poor form of his team, wouldn't impress any possible clubs with a coaching vacancy.

Only the Dragons would be so bold!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

McGregor shouldn’t have been appointed at all.

End of story.

BBTB

Juniors

To right man,Mcgregor has produced the same results for tje last 3 yrs...Good start ,fayed out back comp.
Do the same things and expect a different result.
Thatseems to be Mary go.

getsmarty

Immortal
You may be correct. I already wondered if we missed out on other coaches in the past, such as Cleary,

allegedly B.Arthur/N.Henry/Hasler/Bellamy/Bennett..just to name a few....any of these would be better than what the board put in place in terms of the last 2 coaches.( Some of these coaches allegedly dropped out at the last minute )

Can't see Bennett coming unless he wants to work with Hornby/Young and Millward....Pickworth & co would be collateral damage as Wayne always brings in his own Training staff.

Our Board seems to always take the easy option...eg nearly 100 candidates for Doust's job and they give it to B.johnston .... questionable at best ...Where is the due process and looking for the best candidate ??

P.S How do you go from being 24 hours from signing Bennett and then settle for the current coach ???
Almost the same thing with Bellamy...Just like our coach, the Board has No PLAN B.

Last edited:

Bench
To right man,Mcgregor has produced the same results for tje last 3 yrs...Good start ,fayed out back comp.
Do the same things and expect a different result.
Thatseems to be Mary go.
With McIdiot in charge there is no way in the world we will match the start in 2018 in 2019

possm

Coach

I guess time will tell.
Bennett would not want the 'old boys' interfering with his program. So it will be Mary, Millward, Young, Hornby and Head gone. Fathers' Young and Millward witll also be gone. Coyne would be able to stay as long as he keeps out of Bennett's way.

BBTB

Juniors
Bennett would not want the 'old boys' interfering with his program. So it will be Mary, Millward, Young, Hornby and Head gone. Fathers' Young and Millward witll also be gone. Coyne would be able to stay as long as he keeps out of Bennett's way.
Ueah-ha...we can only Dream.

Latest posts