What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny Elias

hrundi99

First Grade
themanonthehill said:
Kenny was an absolute freak ... infrequent poster tottie saw kenny painting a shop in the city last yr .. kenny was shocked anyone knew who he was...

Rubbish...he was involved with Penrith in lower grade coaching just recently. It's not like he's been in a cave or anything.

hrundi99

First Grade
themanonthehill said:
Here's one for you ... if benny was a non Mediterranean Descendant - anglo saxon - how much higher and how many more tests would he have played. Let's face it wankers like ink and the boges from penriff don't like an upstart lippy Mediterranean Descendant who starts with nothing and by the time he's in his 20s is pissing on them and driving round town in a Porsche and that has a heap to do with it

Racist...

bullsh*t .. the racists are the anglo mug selectors who picked f**king sh*t like sizzler and walters ahead of him because benny was a lippy Mediterranean Descendant who they couldn't handle. If it was Benny Jones or Benny Smith from Doonside with Bob and Ethel as his folks he would have played 60 tests and 40 origins. FACT

innsaneink

Referee
LOL...moth sounds like the mouth, however theres one slight diff.
Most know the mouth is really all show, & in reality not a bad bloke.

FACT?
LMAO
get a grip, idiot

tiger_nick

Bench
themanonthehill said:
He was a legend mate ... i have a DVD my mate compiled and none of those over-rated hacks the media wanks off about come close.

Here's one for you ... if benny was a non Mediterranean Descendant - anglo saxon - how much higher and how many more tests would he have played. Let's face it wankers like ink and the boges from penriff don't like an upstart lippy Mediterranean Descendant who starts with nothing and by the time he's in his 20s is pissing on them and driving round town in a Porsche and that has a heap to do with it

Mate I actually have to agree with that in some part. Apart from his Balmain team mates not one other player would have liked Benny. Come origin time all the Blues fans loved him but north of the border he was hated with a passion. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say Elias is the closest NSW have come to a Lewis style player that was simply hated in the opposition state.

tiger_nick said:
Mate I actually have to agree with that in some part. Apart from his Balmain team mates not one other player would have liked Benny. Come origin time all the Blues fans loved him but north of the border he was hated with a passion. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say Elias is the closest NSW have come to a Lewis style player that was simply hated in the opposition state.

Lets face it mate the last that that would endear themselves to a bogan queenslander or bloke from Dubbo or Junee would be a lippy Mediterranean Descendant who not only talked it up but was the greatest in his position and revolutionised his position. Mate at times Simmons was picked ahead of Benny .. f**king simmons. There was nothing Elias couldn't do on a football field and if he was wests he'd have had a a statue built at lidcombe, or pratten or orana or whichever was their home ground for more than 2 years

innsaneink said:
Hahaha
And eddies a positive ray of sunshine.

Poor benny, no ring, no top 30, and working for a silvertail sugar daddy, I heard on Sat he tipped the Sea Eagles to win the comp....talk abouut a sell-out, add loyalty to that list of 'dont haves' too.
'

Does it still hurt you wests mug khu9t that Benny, Sirro, Blocker, Junior, Jimmy Jack never left Balmain ink whilst your saint tommy pissed off to newtown ... your most fav player f**ked your lot off whilst none of ours did ... maybe he went cos the granstand at henson was bigger and built of brick rather than the wooden pile of sh*t you wests lot had at lidcombe

brooksy19

Bench
Jesus christ men, settle down.. Its football.

Benny is a champ, I was at my Local (The Entrance League), when I just turned 18 a few years ago, and ran into Benny Elias at the sports bar, I insisted that as a long time balmain fan I HAD to buy him a beer, he accepted, we had a quick chat about the good times and the merger etc, I didn't want to hang around and cramp his style so I let him go off. Next thing you know he brings over a round of beers for not only me but my 3 mates sitting at a table watching Friday Night Football. Deadset champ.

innsaneink

Referee
MOTHs idols a Manly boy now, working for the silvers sugar dad.
Tipped em for the comp too as recent as a week ago, not a Tiger anywhere.
Doesnt take much to upset you does it adam ? LOL

Raider_69

Post Whore
brooksy19 said:
incorrect raider.

Look, the way i see it, Benny was a VERY close 2nd, but Walters was above him. Boxhead was unbelievable, as a junior i played hooker and i used to try and model my game on Boxhead. He was so effeicent at everything he did, defencively he was sound, he could create from attack, he could read the play, and he picked his moments to inject himself perfectly and didnt mind playing a backseat role if others were doing the job. He was what hookers should be aiming to be... loved benny and steves battles in origin.

Vicious

Bench
themanonthehill said:
'

Does it still hurt you wests mug khu9t that Benny, Sirro, Blocker, Junior, Jimmy Jack never left Balmain ink whilst your saint tommy pissed off to newtown ... your most fav player f**ked your lot off whilst none of ours did ... maybe he went cos the granstand at henson was bigger and built of brick rather than the wooden pile of sh*t you wests lot had at lidcombe

That`s great, but do you know what Blocker, Junior and Jimmy Jack think about Balmain and the Wests Tigers now ???

Balmain are the best in the business of shafting their own juniors and on par with Parramatta at shafting their former greats !

The long history at Balmain is spending money on outsiders from S G Ball upwards and telling their own talented juniors that they can`t match the offers from rival clubs !!!

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Benny is the 3rd best player i've ever seen and no other hooker comes close. I just think his personality over shaddows what he did on the field. All these so called experts have probably been rubbed up the wrong way by him. In the end Benny changed the way a position was played by hookers ever since, none of the other hookers from the last 30 years could lay claim to anything like that.

Latest posts