What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny Elias

skeepe

Immortal
Steve Walters was easily the better hooker. I can't even believe there's a debate about it.

What a load of sh*t
He was a hack in the buderus mould
created nothing himself and scooted on a quick play the ball
Had no football brain either , unlike Shaiben who had it all and could do everything

yappy

Bench
pfft - Riddell is a more dangerous hooker than Walters ever was.

Coaches didn't get the idea of trying to convert halfbacks into hookers because of Boxhead's empty bag of tricks. Walters was the last of the old style hooker. Maybe the best of that breed (but I don't even think he was that good). Elias though sent that kind of hooker the way of the dinosaurs. He remains the model of what every coach wants in a modern hooker, and very few who have come since have come close.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
crouching_tiger said:
Toovey and Woolford are better than Walters even...
I wouldn't go that far.

Toovey bitched and moaned for 78 minutes of a game to the ref and Woolford just sooked for the whole 80 minutes.

At least boxhead actually spent the majority of his time on the field focussing on playing football.

What is it with the walters family ?
Why do they all talk like speech impared mongs
Is it inbreeding in some backwards qld regional dive like ipswich or bundaberg ?