What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bernard Sutton admits Roosters dudded thrice during Grand Final - according to Weidler

TheFrog

Coach
Referees boss Bernard Sutton admitted that Canberra's lone try shouldn't have been, that Sia Soliola did commit an offence by taking out Luke Keary's legs and that the Cronk sin bin was excessive.
I don't recall reading this sort of thing after Paul Smith's fair try was disallowed in '91.

Cockosh

Juniors
You are correct.

That makes it even worse, imagine this being anyone's priority immediately after going back to back.

It's evidence of some deep insecurity and very poor sportsmanship.
This is why I love my roosters, Robbo and Uncle Nick. While others would rest on their laurels and just bask in the glory of another premiership win we put the nrl and their incompetent game managers on notice. We demand answers for their ineptness and by doing so we countered the bias media attempt to discredit our historic achievement. I love that robbo shut down JTs moronic question on tv and love that he questioned the critical calls that went against us that were unsurprisingly ignored by the media. His priority is the roosters and it’s legacy. This is why we are so far ahead of most other clubs.

Canard

Immortal
This is why I love my roosters, Robbo and Uncle Nick. While others would rest on their laurels and just bask in the glory of another premiership win we put the nrl and their incompetent game managers on notice. We demand answers for their ineptness and by doing so we countered the bias media attempt to discredit our historic achievement. I love that robbo shut down JTs moronic question on tv and love that he questioned the critical calls that went against us that were unsurprisingly ignored by the media. His priority is the roosters and it’s legacy. This is why we are so far ahead of most other clubs.

Pettiness and poor sportsmanship aren't the way to affect your legacy.

Look at way the Raiders organisation dealt with it, pure class.

Valheru

Coach
And yet according to Weidler, your team is writing to the NRL to complain weeks after winning a GF.

The adversity.

It is standard practice for all coaches to be able to seek clarification on refereeing decisions after games. All coaches do it and if they don't they are imbeciles. There is no indicatio that Robbo emailed weeks later, in all likelihood he did it the week after as per the normal schedule.

I don't believe for a second that Sticky didn't questiont he officials himself. Other than the 6 again which was publically dealt with by the NRL, he had nothing to whinge about.

Cockosh

Juniors
Pettiness and poor sportsmanship aren't the way to affect your legacy.

Look at way the Raiders organisation dealt with it, pure class.
I agree. Extreme class from Ricky and the raiders. A shame fans such as yourself aren’t as gracious. real class from robbo and chooks too. Discretely taking their concerns to the nrl. It’s great that it’s been made public to put an end to pathetic attempts to somehow diminish easts great achievement.

no name

Coach
Danny Weidler will have a raging stiffy reading both this thread and the RIP one.

Hook, line and sinker.

I didnt go through the game with a fine tooth comb like robbo (the winning coach). I just copped the roosters were the better side

Seems quite weird to me the reaction of your coach. People make fun of des or stick for blowing up but they normally save it for a loss. Robbo is melting down after winning a gf.

The most insecure and crazy fanbase in the nrl with the most insecure and crazy coach

It was clear how delusional he is when he reacted the way he did to JT's question. Unfortunately for JT his colleagues hung him out to dry and then with no one backing him up he turned into a lil mouse.

skeepe

Immortal
It is standard practice for all coaches to be able to seek clarification on refereeing decisions after games. All coaches do it and if they don't they are imbeciles. There is no indicatio that Robbo emailed weeks later, in all likelihood he did it the week after as per the normal schedule.

I don't believe for a second that Sticky didn't questiont he officials himself. Other than the 6 again which was publically dealt with by the NRL, he had nothing to whinge about.

Go f**k yourself.

Sincerely,
Everyone

AJB1102

First Grade
Not having a go at you here mate, but if you have the ability to critically read things, which most Roosters fans seem to be missing in this thread, there is no admission.

The whole article is based around the premise that someone from the Roosters emailed the NRL, got this response, then leaked this to Weidler and he reported it with 100% accuracy.

Imagine, after winning your second Grand Final in a row, how much of a wanker you would have to be, you pursue this course of action???

All good. I only read the snippets in the OP. Didn't realise it was a Weidler "I hearing..." piece.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
the roosters are desperate to win the popularity stakes above all else. That's why they changed the name from "Easts" to "Sydney City" to "Sydney". Can't wait for them to change it to "Sydney Metropolitan". the bad press about their clayton's premiership hurts them hard.

MilkShark

First Grade
the roosters are desperate to win the popularity stakes above all else. That's why they changed the name from "Easts" to "Sydney City" to "Sydney". Can't wait for them to change it to "Sydney Metropolitan". the bad press about their clayton's premiership hurts them hard.
Next step is to drop the ''Sydney'' and insert ''Australia''.

The funny part is they could prob fit the entire Australian team in their cap.

Reactions: Vee
Next step is to drop the ''Sydney'' and insert ''Australia''.

The funny part is they could prob fit the entire Australian team in their cap.

Why would we take all the plebs to our bosom? Sydney will do just fine. But just the good realestate bits, mind you.

Latest posts