What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bernie Gurr

Avenger

Immortal
Forgive me for butting in, but how do you know it was his call and he was not executing instructions from the board ?
It was presented to the Member Council by Bernie, and he stated that it was his call and he wanted it to represent the past heritage of the club. The council suggested that it should have been up for discussion, "my choice and it will work " it was said.
Thanks mate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He kept saying that he will be staunch and wait until June. Was he weak or did he change his mind?
On the Sunday he said he will wait till mid June Nek Minnitt there was talk on to Monday BA was being given another contract.

Worst decision by the club since sacking Smith in the off season of 2005 and hiring Hagan.

Soto

Bench
Cool. How do you know that it was his call and not the board.
Regardless who's call it was, if we don't make the 8 there should be a massive cleanout from top to bottom. Arthur should do the honourable thing and walk at seasons end and take his top shelf asssistants with him.
This review which would have cost a bomb supposedly had all the answers, the do's and donts.
It seems the club used this initially when negotiating contracts and then threw this out the window.
I'm all for getting Gould in now. Get him to start Monday and set the club up. We need someone who knows their shit. He certainly does. Before ppl start jumping up and down about what's happened at Penrith recently at least he knew and acknowledged time was up with that situation. Everyone has a shelf life.
Gould could school BA in a 30 minute chat as to what's wrong with Parra.
I flicked between fox and 9 last night because i cant stand walters and anasta is horrid as well, but when i flicked to 9 Sterlo didn't sound like a commentator but sounded like an angry fan

Gronk

Staff member
Regardless who's call it was, if we don't make the 8 there should be a massive cleanout from top to bottom. Arthur should do the honourable thing and walk at seasons end and take his top shelf asssistants with him.
This review which would have cost a bomb supposedly had all the answers, the do's and donts.
It seems the club used this initially when negotiating contracts and then threw this out the window.
I'm all for getting Gould in now. Get him to start Monday and set the club up. We need someone who knows their shit. He certainly does. Before ppl start jumping up and down about what's happened at Penrith recently at least he knew and acknowledged time was up with that situation. Everyone has a shelf life.
Gould could school BA in a 30 minute chat as to what's wrong with Parra.
I flicked between fox and 9 last night because i cant stand walters and anasta is horrid as well, but when i flicked to 9 Sterlo didn't sound like a commentator but sounded like an angry fan

Awsome, but this is the Gurr thread and the OP said that it was his call to re-sign BA early.

Djay

Juniors
The coaching staff lead by BA knew going into this year knew that they're job and they're careers were on the line. So of course we started like a house on fire, now being re-signed after spending the whole off season worrying about losing your job they will feel much at ease.

They don't deserve to feel that, they have not earned it. The deadline should have been dragged out for as long as possible, so these people understand that results is what will get you a new contract.

In the end we were all initially happy re-signing Gutho, but at what cost? The club has laid down and crumbled to those halfwits on 360 and the rest of the medias pressure just to keep Gutho.

Now we are stuck for another 2 years with last's nights crap. I am f**king livid, this club is a joke.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The coaching staff lead by BA knew going into this year knew that they're job and they're careers were on the line. So of course we started like a house on fire, now being re-signed after spending the whole off season worrying about losing your job they will feel much at ease.

They don't deserve to feel that, they have not earned it. The deadline should have been dragged out for as long as possible, so these people understand that results is what will get you a new contract.

In the end we were all initially happy re-signing Gutho, but at what cost? The club has laid down and crumbled to those halfwits on 360 and the rest of the medias pressure just to keep Gutho.
He wanted four years and he got three. Why would you think he got any more money?
Now we are stuck for another 2 years with last's nights crap. I am f**king livid, this club is a joke.
How many coaches see out the final year of their contract when their teams don't want them?

Djay

Juniors
He wanted four years and he got three. Why would you think he got any more money?

How many coaches see out the final year of their contract when their teams don't want them?
Huh? At the cost of having BA and his shit show for another 2 years, where did I mention money?

Latest posts