What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best ever 2nd rowers (who are they?)

typicalfan

Coach
Clyde, Lindner, Tallis, BK, Menzies, Morley, Gavin Miller. Sirro was good but wasn't quite up there with the elite IMO.

Miller >>>>>>>> Sirro.

DC_fan

Coach
For me the best second rower I have seen is Bob McCarthy.

The best second row combination would be McCarthy (the great attacker) and Gary Stevens (the great defender)

betcats

Referee
Sam burgess????????? WTF.

IMO Sonny Bill, he made atleast a ten point difference to a game, but he did a runner so he doesnt deserve to be in a list with these great playes.

Last edited:
Some fo the best Second Rowers ever

Sid Pearce, Gordon Treweeke, Duncan Hall, Brian Davies, Norm Provan, Les Boyd, Dane Sorensen, Paul Sironen, Brad Clyde, Steve Menzies, Gordon Tallis, Gareth Ellis, Nathan Hindmarsh even Bronson Harrison would be high on the list

One of your best!

league

Juniors
Most damaging I've watched has to be Tallis

Most consistent Menzies

Kennedy has to be up there too surely.

Most talented SBW easily.

juro

Bench
Was Lindner really that good? I was a bit young to remember but my mum (a Parra fan) always said he played well for Queensland but did nothing for at club level.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I agree with those saying Siro and Tallis, they have been the best in my time.

Would of loved to have seen Provan though. At the dally M award he still looked like a pretty imposing figure and what is he 80 odd? must of been a collosus back in the day

Tommy Smith

Referee
Best ive seen is Ben Kennedy. Better than Tallis for mine.

Played his best football when it really mattered as well - see 2001 GF and his Origin career.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Best ive seen is Ben Kennedy. Better than Tallis for mine.

Played his best football when it really mattered as well - see 2001 GF and his Origin career.

pfft no one who takes the biggest dive in history, and during an Origin match deserves to be call the best

gUt

Coach
Yep that's all I remember about Kennedy, a diving cat. That and his tit-with-no-nipple type head.

Latest posts