What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best ever 2nd rowers (who are they?)

boonboon

Juniors
For Mine in my time Sirro, Tallis, Hindmarsh and Kennedy stand out although I have exlcuded Gallen and CLyde because I think lock is their best postiion

Also mark Geyer was probably the best on his day but his off field issues and brain explosions ruined it - but he was a second rower who was the difference between winning and loosing depending if he was playing or not and that is massive - at the Reds if he played they won or played well and if he didnt they were horrible and that is massive for a second rower

Loudstrat

Coach
Wally Lewis didn't play great in the NSWRL but is still an immortal. Bob Lindner is one of origins best backrowers certainly better than jokes like Mason. QLD team of the century is a pretty good effort.

btw IMO Cartwright > Geyer. Geyer had too many brain explosions. Similar to how I have Miller ahead of Siro. Siro didn't always give 100% like the others.
Test service counts for nothing? Wally played well for his club (Valleys?). Lindner was crap for Parra and Wests.

typicalfan

Coach
Test service counts for nothing? Wally played well for his club (Valleys?). Lindner was crap for Parra and Wests.
Lindner played well in test footy. He did have a few lean years for the Eels but most of the team was having a lean trot. He did have two shocking leg injuries early in his time with the Magpies but by the end and for the Steelers I thought he was very good.

I am not sure of Lindner's efforts in the QLD Cup so I can't comment on that.

I just find it interesting that is all. You rate Mason but I think it took Mason a long time to play in a way that justified his size and even then he was inconsistent. He did win a CC medal though not sure if it was deserved.

RABK

Referee
Kennedy
Tallis
Clyde

would be my starting backrowers.

MG is the Marat Safin of league, if not for his mental demons he seriously could have been an Immortal quality player. He was simply brutal when switched on and put the fear of God into opposing players but it all went down hill for him after Ben Alexanders death.

Big Pete

Referee
Wally played well for his club (Valleys?)
*sigh*

Tallis is still the best backrow I've seen. His style of play holds up well today and the only player that comes close to emulating him is Dave Taylor.

Latest posts