What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Fighters

hrundi99

First Grade
Christmas Ape said:
f**k me, Hrundi you're a happy sort of bloke aren't you?

I bet you go round Myers at Xmas telling all the kids there's no such thing as Santa.

After seeing these types of jokes a thousand times they start to lose their appeal.

Here's an idea. Come up with something original.

sharko

Juniors
Former players who could throw a punch but actually connect (there is a difference) and actually put a man down for a while or break a jaw...Don McKinnon ( former Norths and Australian prop and a police sergeant) and Bob Cooper (former Wests forward and all round hard man).

There are no players in the current era who could or would stand toe to toe with one of these guys.
The modern players are big thru being fulltime footballers with advisors on diets and all those supplements and quasi steroids they take to pump themselves up.
The islander brigades that so seem to dominate current league are very big, and are covered in those tattoos that look like those transfers that used to come out of a cereal packet, but they lack genuine heart and guts and would be no match for the hard men of old!

Picking just one is difficult.I agree with some already mentioned and add Billy Johnston,Monty Beetham and Mundine.Of the current players ,Carl Webb would be the man.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Monty Betham, would of loved for him and Hoppa to square off. These were 2 guys who could actually throw both hands in a fight! without holding collars and using that arm as a shield..LOL.

Carl Webb had a chance to show us what he could do a few years ago against Wairangi Koopu, he threw a few then just gave in.

innsaneink

Referee
The Preacher said:
Past player - Nev Hornery
Current - Mark :piggy: Riddell , can go.

Wish I got to see him, have read a lot about him.
Jim Cody too looked a tough bugger.

Vince karalius too is another I wish I saw. Toughest of all they reckon.

Tezza used to throw a good left.

lil ripsta

What about Chris Caruana.
He was a tough b#stard. Not very big but very agressive.
I am pretty sure he beat up a pro boxer in a club one night.

mxlegend99

Referee
Recently, only Tallis springs to mind. But he was one of the last players that would start a punch up over nothing. These days that doesn't happen. You throw a punch and you get a few weeks off. Could probably be some awesome fighters that would make Webb look like a wimp if their were no consequences.

Phillips

Referee
Monty Betham, Awen Guttenbeil, Kevin Campion, David Kidwell, Michael De Vere..

why do people say Carl Webb? got his ass handed to him by Wairangi Koopu..

LESStar58

Referee
Mick Crocker.

Last year some boxing coach came out and payed out on John Hopoate's boxing career and claimed Matty Bowen can best him! :lol:

He also listed Webb and Billy Slater of all people as excellent "glovemen".