What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Fighters

Mr Saab

Referee
Monty is 3-0.
He fought one guy that really should have had his boxing license revoked...the guy was a hack and was wearing hightop sneakers. Tragic fight

Iafeta

Referee
Awen gave it to him - That was a ripping brawl that one.

Monty Betham was a tough bugger. The memory is fading, but I remember him getting Adrian Morley a bit non plussed on the 2002 Kiwis tour in a test match. Morley was surprised by how tough he was.

_Johnsy

Referee
The notion that Carl Webb can fight/or is a hard man is laughable, just ring the boys/gals at the Riverside Tavern in Townsville and they will put that myth to bed for you.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Anyone know WAYYY back.. there was a forward, played for Newtown between 1944-46 IIRC.

He happened to be a footy player AND Australian Heavyweight boxing champion at the same time.

Maori-Boy

Juniors
sharko said:
Former players who could throw a punch but actually connect (there is a difference) and actually put a man down for a while or break a jaw...Don McKinnon ( former Norths and Australian prop and a police sergeant) and Bob Cooper (former Wests forward and all round hard man).

There are no players in the current era who could or would stand toe to toe with one of these guys.
The modern players are big thru being fulltime footballers with advisors on diets and all those supplements and quasi steroids they take to pump themselves up.
The islander brigades that so seem to dominate current league are very big, and are covered in those tattoos that look like those transfers that used to come out of a cereal packet, but they lack genuine heart and guts and would be no match for the hard men of old!
Agreed the hard men of old could never be challenged but you can go tell the cereal tattoo islander brigade Haumono,Hopoate,Mason,Kidwell,Guttenbeil,etc... that they lack heart and guts and see what happens

Phillips

Referee
Mason cant fight.. sure he can throw a decent punch but we seen what happend when Peacock finished him off

David Myles owns Mason lol

Geohood

Bench
How did Morley go? I remember everyone used to get scared when he came running into the brawl after it started..

RABK

Referee
Ian Roberts, Paul Harragon and Mark Geyer are all blokes who in their prime could shatter someones face with a well aimed punched.

RABK

Referee
Garry Jack wasn't the best fighter but he was as tough as nails - Roberts busted him up real bad one day, Jacks teammates were scared to even intervene.

Dutchy

Immortal
Red and Blue Knight said:
Ian Roberts, Paul Harragon and Mark Geyer are all blokes who in their prime could shatter someones face with a well aimed punched.

:lol:

bula_stormer

Juniors
iL list who i think are the best from every club, some i have seen in action some i have not

Raiders - Costigan
Roosters - Tupou / Soliola / Myles
Bulldogs - Sonny Bill / Mark O'Meley
Rabbitohs - Kidwell
Sharks - Thompson
Panthers - Jennings , not too many hardmen at penrith
Storm - Crocker, Kaufusi, Slater
Broncos - Thorn
Dragons - Payne, Setu, Ryles
Warriors - Where do i start?? Maybe Lauki and Koopu although Hohaia dosent mind mixing it up
Eagles - Matai
Cowboys - Webb (isnt he a former boxing champ?)
Titans - Bailey
Eels - Hindmarsh
Knights - Buderus
Tigers - Tuaiki

Jono078

Referee
LOL Buderus!

That 'punch' in game 1 of origin last year gave away his fighting skills :lol: