What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best ground?

What is the best ground in the nrl for watching footy?

• Brookvale Oval

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dairy Farmers Stadium

• Toyota Park

• Suncorp Stadium

• Bruce Stadium

• Olympic Park

• Parramatta Stadium

• Leichardt Oval

• Penrith Stadium

• THE SFS

• Sydney Showground

• Win stadium

• Kogarah

• Total voters

Snappy Tom

Juniors
Parramatta for me. We got there early on Saturday brought our tickets and wandered over the the leagues club for a few ales.

Always a great ground to watch the game and the club is so close to enjoy the TAB, Pokies and a few brews.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Definately Leichhardt is number one for me. Can't beat the atmosphere there, and very intimate. The only ground I know of where you can actually buy a can of OLD at also, and not have to endure drinking VD or Tooheys Spew.

Brookie, and old North Sydney oval were also good. Worst grounds: Campbelltown and Shark Park.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
Langs my favourite, but WINs got a great backdrop.

exxactly...Suncorp is the best

But I just cannot get enough of that blue Ocean beside the stadium at WIN

Snappy Tom

Juniors
tiger pride said:
Definately Leichhardt is number one for me. Can't beat the atmosphere there, and very intimate. The only ground I know of where you can actually buy a can of OLD at also, and not have to endure drinking VD or Tooheys Spew.

Brookie, and old North Sydney oval were also good. Worst grounds: Campbelltown and Shark Park.

I always thought that Tooheys brewed Old as well. ;-)

Old in the can is just as bad as new, VB, XXXX, Crown largers AKA Gold Label Fosters and the rest of Australia's main stream crap beer.

Old on Tap at the right pub is not a bad drop.

Hindyscrack

Bench
yeh Suncorp is by far the best, how many people have been to enough stadiums to have an un-biased opinion

Darth Bobo

Ahhh Leichhardt, spiritual home for the Tigers and a great intimate view of the game. I think the biggest nod for Leichhardt Oval is opposition supporters talking about the atmosphere there.

Just an absolute bitch to get out of after the game.......was anybody else here stupid enough to park in the carpark on thier frist trip? :roll:

Red Bear

Referee
North Sydney Oval is great, most picturesque ground around. I also like Win Stadium.
However best for viewing is definately the SFS

skeepe

Immortal
Darth Bobo said:
Ahhh Leichhardt, spiritual home for the Tigers and a great intimate view of the game. I think the biggest nod for Leichhardt Oval is opposition supporters talking about the atmosphere there.

Just an absolute bitch to get out of after the game.......was anybody else here stupid enough to park in the carpark on thier frist trip? :roll:

There's a carpark? Wasn't aware of that - have been there on many occasions, but I always take the bus to Norton St and walk.

broncoman

Juniors
Canberra Stadium is my favourite to watch football at, ive been to Canberra Stadium, Olympic Park, Aussie Stadium, Perith Stadium, Parramatta Stadium, Toyota Park, Campbelltown Stadium and Telstra Stadium, but canberra is definately the best of those imo.

Toyota and Olympic park were the worst...

m0j0

Bench
skeepe said:
Darth Bobo said:

There's a carpark? Wasn't aware of that - have been there on many occasions, but I always take the bus to Norton St and walk.

I remember parking there back in the early 90's to watch a Roosters v Tigers game. Took me nearly an extra 80 minutes to get out of the carpark.

JK

Lang Park is #1

An amazing facility and, when you get at least 25K in it, it is unmatched.

For perspective I have been to Telstra, Showground, Toyota, SFS, Leichhardt, Campbelltown, Marathon, Gosford, ANZ, WIN, Kogarah, Parra, NSO, Belmore, Brookvale, Canberra, and Penrith. (Still need to get to Ericson and Dairy Farmers while I will see Melbournes this year)

Suncorp sh!ts on them all. 8)

Dogboy

Juniors
When there's a big crowd, Lang Park is unbeatable.

On a sunny Sunday afternoon for an all-Sydney game, Leichardt Oval is my favourite, and I'm not even a Tigers fan. Best hill in the game in my view.

abdogg_85

Juniors
1 - Suncorp
2 - Daylight
3 - WIN because it right next to the ocean and when you look past the stand all you can
see is blue seas and not buildings and such.
4 - Every other stadium, they all look the same to me.

eelandia

Juniors
Leichardt and Brookvale are fine surburban grounds for atmosphere, but since the question asked where is the best place to 'watch', you'd have to say Parra because no matter where you sit you get a good view of the game. Plus your arse doesn't go numb and wet from sitting on the ground for hours on end - too primitive considering the Admission price.

And what is with that strangely positioned southern grandstand at Brookie..??

Latest posts