What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best jersy

choisir

Juniors
Id like to see Wests Tigers use the old Magpie and old Balmain jumper in alternate weeks.

hrundi99

First Grade
Wests Tigers are not Balmain & Western Suburbs, they are the Wests Tigers. One club.

This years jerseys are the first to look genuinely good as far as I'm concerned.

innsaneink

Referee
Grothe said:
hahahhahaha yeah i am so wrong arnt i........Your jersey to me and in my opinion which you are alowed to express here is that a jersey that looks like a kid has been given a black, white and yellow crayon and said go for it son. i.e your prodemenatly black jersey cronulla jersey storm jersy ect........i like your orange jersey but imo your black one has no pride in it ...to me alot of pride from a football club comes in the jersy again this is my opinion which I AM ALLOWED TO EXPRESS. and to me that jersey has no pride in it .im not saying your team dosnt have any pride or you dont have any pride in your team infact your team has alot of pride ! but your jersy to me does not represnt this pride

so stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Hmmmm....youre not too bright I can see that.
Highly ironic you bring up pride and mergers in the same topic.

It was your sh*tbag of a club that wanted to merge with Balmain....yes thats right, Parramatta wanted to merge with the Tigers, for the sole reason as to gain the Tiger as the logo...Parramatta Tigers.
Your Mr Fitzgerald wanted to ditch the Eel and become the Tigers, was prepared to throw away 30 odd years of history and tradition to gain a decent logo.
As opposed to a club that had no other alternative except to merge to survive....or stand alone & die.

Yes...I can see you and your club know all about pride.

As for you opinion on the jerseys....equally as idiotic....

that a jersey that looks like a kid has been given a black, white and yellow crayon and said go for it son. i.e your prodemenatly black jersey cronulla jersey storm jersy ect........i like your orange jersey but imo your black one has no pride in it .

You dont like the black one but you like the orange one?

Hello??????

Theyre both exactly the frikkin same except the colours are alternated.

jftamedium4qs.jpg

sixtynine

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Hmmmm....youre not too bright I can see that.
Highly ironic you bring up pride and mergers in the same topic.

It was your sh*tbag of a club that wanted to merge with Balmain....yes thats right, Parramatta wanted to merge with the Tigers, for the sole reason as to gain the Tiger as the logo...Parramatta Tigers.
Your Mr Fitzgerald wanted to ditch the Eel and become the Tigers, was prepared to throw away 30 odd years of history and tradition to gain a decent logo.
As opposed to a club that had no other alternative except to merge to survive....or stand alone & die.

Yes...I can see you and your club know all about pride.

As for you opinion on the jerseys....equally as idiotic....

You dont like the black one but you like the orange one?

Hello??????

Theyre both exactly the frikkin same except the colours are alternated.

jftamedium4qs.jpg

they are both sh*t imo but the orange one looks better or less sh

sooperdooper

First Grade
ok for 05 the worst jersey would have been the tigers easily. such a mess and to much going on. hard to recognise the sponsors etc. totally ugly.

all the other jerseys are good.
alot of ppl hate the no collar, i think it looks good

steven_tiger

Juniors
the retro jersey parra wore against the dragons this year was awesome.

as is the sharks version.

i like the wests tigers 2000-02 black jersey myself.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
sooperdooper said:
ok for 05 the worst jersey would have been the tigers easily. such a mess and to much going on. hard to recognise the sponsors etc. totally ugly.

all the other jerseys are good.
alot of ppl hate the no collar, i think it looks good

nothing was worse than the storms away jersey. that is an embarrasment. i wouldnt wear that jersey if you paid me.

best jersey? the kangaroos :thumb

Choppies

Coach
Hindyscrack said:
Broncos away jersey is also pretty damn ordinary... White? Why white?

Its an NRL rule I think that alternate jerseys must be predominantly white for some reason.

aids

Bench
***MH*** said:

i hated super-league
but i loved that jersey.

i didn't mind a lot of the newer styled SL jerseys, the bulldogs one is still very similar today.
and still a good jersey

anyway, you all sound like a bunch of pillow biters drama'ing on about good looking shirts.

who ever mentioned football teams playing in singlets is a great idea for the warmer months.
the nrl should looking to it, at least for the world 7's next year.

innsaneink

Referee
parra_panther said:
Doesn't explain Penrith's - it's predominantly teal.

Nor does it explain Wests Tigers (orange) Warriors (Grey) Parra, Knights, Raiders etc.

Think its all BS meself.

Knightmare

Coach
Choppies said:
I agree with this. Im sick of seeing a new jersey every 5 minutes.
Teams should pick a jersey and stick with it IMO. Some jerseys out there look like a 4 year old did them. Tigers and Melbourne away come to mind.

Exactly. What I love about watching old League tapes is that you know Cronulla are playing in light blue with black and white bands, Balmain are orange with two black v's, Penrith are mostly white with a little touch of brown etc. Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if this fashion of changing jerseys for better or worse will ever stop? I dread that thought that one day it will be like soccer and every team will have 4 different jerseys at any one time and they can have any colours they want. For the sake of sanity, the NRL needs to step up and put an end to this! You don't see AFL clubs whoring their tradition out for a few measly dollars.