What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best League Caller at the moment.

Who is Rugby League's best Play-by-Play caller?

• Ray Warren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Voss

• Dave Morrow

• Tim Gilbert -ABC Radio

• Craig Hamilton - ABC Radio

• Ray Hadley - 2GB

• Warren Smith

• Andy Raymond

• Total voters

dG

Juniors
In the spirit of the other post...

There are others...but their names escape me at this moment...but these are the main callers.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If Andy Raymond is there, then why dont you put Mark Braybrook and Jason Costigan who fit in the same category.

Brendon

Juniors
He is expecting a child I think... I like Warren Snith .... Laurie Daley is a toss, its obvious he loves The Melbourne Storm :roll: :roll:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Even tho i dont like Hadley as a person, i think he is full of sh!t, but as a commentator he is a very very very good caller

imasharkie

Coach
I took Ray but I wish he worked for paytv.
Vossy's ok too.
The only problem with them is the idiot that helps them,
Gooster.

So I've stopped listening to the call.

dG

Juniors
If Andy Raymond is there, then why dont you put Mark Braybrook and Jason Costigan who fit in the same category.

They fell under the...'there are others but their name escapes me at the moment'

On average, do you believe that the NRL or the AFL have beeter overall call teams?

Iafeta

Referee
Personally I think Warren Smith is the best.

But I think Peter Sterling is a good analyst for channel 9 too and they'd be lost without him.

simostorm

Bench
Warren Smith is the man.
Id like to hear Bruce Macavainy call a league game.
I think channel 7 would be better then those hacks at nine.

Quigs

Immortal
Eddie Warring - go you good thing

Wonn Casey was up there too.

Cheers
Quigs

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Exactly right. Hughes is a good commentator and would sh*tt all over those Foxtel commentators.

I'll just comment on some of those commentators mentioned:

Ray Warren- great commentator probably one of the best going around and all time. But is losing it a bit I feel, sometimes gets players names wrong and its a bit frustrating
Andrew Voss- unlike Rabs, Vossy is getting better, (though I dont like what he said about the Wesser try), comes up with some good phrases though "thats a high kick, it'll come down with snow on it"
Dave Morrow- still a good commentator, even after his work on ABC Tv.
Tim Gilbert -ABC Radio- never heard of the bloke so cant comment
Craig Hamilton - ABC Radio good voice, struggles a bit though, eg. "and thats um, the um". still a good commentator.
Ray Hadley - 2GB cant stand him, but as a commentator he gets you excited.
Warren Smith- the best Fox commentator, I enjoy the games whenever he commentates.
Andy Raymond- lame, tries to be too fancy, doesnt pay attention to the game much, no good for Rugby League. He's the worst commentator. Bring back TK.

Radio commentators sound good, cause theyve got to have more description for the listeners. The best is probably Hadley.

I miss the one's on Channel 10 though, with Ian Maurice and Graham Hughes that was a good lineup. And Daryl Eastlake was good when he did the Origin matches.

There's not enough good commentators if you ask me, I think they should hire some new ones and get the old ones to pick the best bunch. They dont have to be superstars to be in the box. Eg. Channel 9 trying to get A Johns into commentating. You've gotta have a good voice and know the game well.

Latest posts