What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best League Commentators and Shows

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Oops, I'm a long time reader and admirer of this forum and I just joined recently. Any help on how to post a picture would be appreciated???

stg666

Juniors
ray hadley is the biggest tosser of them all. his missus should have stayed away permanently.

Gazzaw

Juniors
Interesting, she is such a good sort & Hadley doesn't appreciate her.

He thinks he is god with a microphone.... got news for him, couldn't call a hungry dog to its foodbowl

moik

Bench
I watched NRL 360 for the first time last night. That Paul Kent is an A grade knob. Raves on and on without actually saying anything.

Ikin was good.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I like all the guys that call the games on Fox. Warren Smith comes up with some great calls. I can't remember the other guys names but the guy that is usually on the ground ( I think Andy Raymond). There is no real dud in the Foxtel commentary teams. All the shows on Fox are also good. Not much between them.

Ray Warren is great to hear as well as we all know how much he loves Nighty.

The guy that hosts the Roast is good as well. He seems to have some good one liners come out every now and then.

saint.nick

Coach
I like all the guys that call the games on Fox. Warren Smith comes up with some great calls. I can't remember the other guys names but the guy that is usually on the ground ( I think Andy Raymond). There is no real dud in the Foxtel commentary teams. All the shows on Fox are also good. Not much between them.

Ray Warren is great to hear as well as we all know how much he loves Nighty.

The guy that hosts the Roast is good as well. He seems to have some good one liners come out every now and then.

Tim Gilbert's good, but Vossy was and still is the king of one liners. Can't believe 9 punted him. He was a perfect lead commentator incumbent when Warren retires.

Divine

Bench
Hadley is a nasty cynical piece of work who wants Rabs job when he finally retires. Vossy on the other hand is funny personable and informed. Wake up guys!

st.phil

Bench
Hadley is an evil human. He is so agenda driven, cynical and power thirsty that it even permeates his CH9 commentary. He'll throw it in very subtlety...but they are there. Unlike on 2gb where they hit you in the face like a sledgehammer.

He has been giving Ray Warren the longest blow-job ever over the past few years. I remember he used to $hit on everyone at 9 when they punted him from the footy show back in the day. A cretin.

Lethal25

Juniors
I'm a huge fan of Andrew Moore on 2GB. Seems to offer a balanced call and great colour to the game

vanilla gorilla

Juniors
Of the current commentators around I would have to say Ray Warren. As far as football shows go For TV shows "The Game Plan" on Channel 1 is pretty good. But if you wanted true feeling for what the game is about over the radio you could not go past Frank Hyde on 2SM. There will never be another one like him. Spent many an afternoon listening to him. Of the current group of radio broadcasters I would go with the crew from 2GB the "Continious Call Team"