What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best names to have played the game

Brimmer

Juniors
Bit off the topic but i had to share this with ya... hardik parikh is a state Manager at Busch Aus. Sounds like the right man for the job.

icewind

Juniors
yeh, getting called his nickname by commentators and everyone else but himself. Its not like nicknames stick. I guess he must have only got his nickname in the last year or two, as opposed to you know, like in school.

i guess it must be a lot worse than mimicking planes or trains as a grown up isn't it?

Last edited:

billy2

Juniors
former knights junior Chuck Luck
former knights junior and current Newcastle wests player Dean McBain
Knights NYC centre (future firstgrader) Will Smith (aboriginal kid who looks a little like the other Will Smith)
Cessnock player Albert Whaleboat (torres straight islander)

RedVDave

First Grade
I remember a Storm player in the lower grades in 2007 I believe who went by the name of Pale Ale.

soc123_au

Staff member
Malakai Watene-zelezniac. Panthers NYC player. His Mum used to work for me, bit of a story to the name.

Didgi

Oh, always thought Nigel Plum was a good one too, particularly with his hitting ability. Hang like a Plum, hurt like a watermelon.

yeh, getting called his nickname by commentators and everyone else but himself. Its not like nicknames stick. I guess he must have only got his nickname in the last year or two, as opposed to you know, like in school.

i guess it must be a lot worse than mimicking planes or trains as a grown up isn't it?

Jesus, as if there isn't enough sarcasm on this forum already, you decide to fill 100% of your post with it.

Haha i'm not even going to try and defend Hayne's nick names cause in my opinion they're pretty fckn tacky.