What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best or Most influential one match performance

_Johnsy

Referee
Joey's return SOO, he made every QLD'er look 2nd rate.

Best game I have seen by one player, and by a decent margin.

Some that haven't been mentioned yet
Benji vs Cronulla at Toyota Park in 2005. Scored a long range try, set up another long range try for Pat Richards, and set up try of the year for Fitzhenry to start a huge points avalanche in the last 20.

Robbie Farah vs Souths at ANZ 2009. Threw the last pass in 6 tries, as well as having a big hand in another 2, even though we won comfortably, without him we may have lost.

Anthony Watmough vs Tigers 2009 at the SFS, Manly down 18-0 and he practically got them right back into the game, and would've won it for them if it wasn't for a few moronic plays at the death. Made about 3 line breaks, scored 2 tries and made around 250m in attack from about 20 runs.

Andrew Johns semi vs Manly 2006. Knights were down about 16-0 before Joey scored a try and put Gidley away for another 2. Stood the block for a Mullen field goal, before securing the win with a perfectly placed cross field kick for Carney.

Iafeta

Referee
Billy Slater. Or should I say Bill (what is it with Melbournians and changing their first names in the call, Rabs calls him Bill Slater and Cameron Smith Cam Smith... is this some new wave metro thing?)

Anyway, the game in question is the 2008 World Cup Final. Blinding performance from Bill.

Billy Slater. Or should I say Bill (what is it with Melbournians and changing their first names in the call, Rabs calls him Bill Slater and Cameron Smith Cam Smith... is this some new wave metro thing?)

Anyway, the game in question is the 2008 World Cup Final. Blinding performance from Bill.

Twas a beautiful try assist for Benji.

Smith Machine

Juniors
Watmough Origin performance in game 3 was one of the most memorable performances i have seen by a forward in a long time. He busted the line at will and was menancing in defence. Made 200+ metres that game

roopy

Referee
Johns in a game against the Cowboys where he blew them off the park for about 50 points, then went off with 15 or so to go and suddenly the Cowboys remembered how to play and scored about 20 points of their own.

I also remember a few games when Kimmorley played for Cronulla against the Knights who had Johns, and Kimmorley played the games of his life and beat Johns all ends up.

Loudstrat

Coach
Bill Harrigan binning 4 players at Marathon v the Knights in about 2000?

Yeah, against us the mongrel.

So,me good calls, although Heather in the TN final - was that the final play? Wasn't really super dominant throughout the game to the degree we are talking about.

Surprised no one has mentioned Brett Mullins v Newcastle at Marathon in 1994 when he scored 2 consecutive length of the field tries. Probably the best I have seen before Hayne's magic this year.

Azkatro

First Grade
Some good ones mentioned here, I also concur with Darren Lockyer in the 2004 Tri Nations final. Sonny Bill in round 1, 2004 is another that springs to mind.

nqcowboy87

Bench
sometimes a seemingly great game can just be an ordinary game with flashes of brilliance, i rember a game brisbane v souths back in 2004 hunt scored four tries but got caught out in defence and dropped a couple of passes and a kick, so he effectively had an ordianry game apart from the four tries

Latest posts