What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Outside Back In The Game?

Number 1 Outside back in the NRL

• Jarrod Hayne

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Justin Hodges

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • Mark Gasnier

Votes: 30 24.4%
  • Matt Bowen

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Billy Slater

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Israel Falou

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Karmichael Hunt

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Brett Stewart

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Kristian Inu

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • Anthony Minichello

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

caylo

Bench
Raider_69 said:
At their peak, cant split Gasnier, Hodges and Inglis... Falou will join that elite group shortly

May sound bias but i rate Hayne and Inu over Falou, I think he has flourished under such a good side, and he has been on the end of some relay good play. BUT Hayne, Inu and Falou are nowhere near Hodges.

I have rated him for a while, and one game last year stand out for me. Tahu was on the end of some hitman stuff, destroying players for a few weeks. When parramatta came up against the depleted Brisbane, Hodges kept them in the match for a long time, man handling Tahu like a rag doll. When he went off brisbane pretty much lost the plot.

After Hodges is Inglus, and then their is just clear skys with a distant third in Gasnier, and then mini. After that you them come to guys like Hunt, Bowan etc. Then I'd have jnrs. Hayne would be above the other two (Falou and Inu) because he has proved himself over two years, and has flourished at the worlds toughest stage (Origin), while Isral and Kris are yet to do any of that yet (obviously Inu can't)

Deacon

First Grade
Gasnier based on the way he stood up Minichello in Wollongong a few years back (best bit of footwork ive ever seen) and in general his form in 2005 and 2006, despite only limited games in 07 he still showed hes value glad hes staying in the centres and 2008 should see him regain that form pre peck injury

P.S yes in biased and happy to be!

bluey

Bench
Gasnier.
Inglis
Hodges
But i would take Inglis for the sharks if i had a pick, age alone makes me pick him/

nqboy

First Grade
If I had to pick one for the Cowboys, it would be Inglis. Then probably Gasnier, then Hodges, but there is a struck match in it.

bluey

Bench
Nqboy, Spent 15 years in cairns how is all going up there these days.
My young fellow used to play for Kangaroos.Really miss the reef.

nqboy

First Grade
It seems we're the only place in Australia with enough water though Lake Morris is down to 88% atm.

You wouldn't believe the development north and south of the city, it's just exploding.

Looking forward to the Northern Pride starting in the Qld Cup next year.

Monk

Referee
i think that amos roberts on song is one of the best 2...
i brilliant to watch when playing at his best..

but yeh inglis

bluey

Bench
When roberts plays well he is exciting to watch, can stand a player or two up with ease

Gee_Up

Juniors
I hate Gaz- he is that good in Club, SOO and Test footy it's not fair. Cooper is a great compliment but Gaz ran for over 200 metres per game when he returned or close to that I think. Hodges is deserving of best Centre for 2007 but I'd still take Gaz.

I watched Inglis save 3 tries in the first 10 minutes against my deplorable 2006 side while he was playing fullback.. a genuine waste not playing wider at 1,3 or 4.

AND the boys a New South Welshman who couldn't get a run with a Sydney team. His asking price? Food and Board apparently..

Jake86

Juniors
Out of those choices, i would choose Hodges, closely followed by gasnier and bowen.

However, i'd rate Inglis above any of them

Azkatro

First Grade
Extremely stupid poll as it asks who the best outside back in the game is, and then proceeds to name fullbacks.

I'm a staunch Queenslander but Gasnier is the best outside back in the game today. To be perfectly honest I'm really enthused at his return to the centres for 2008.

D

Deleted member 10972

Minichiello when fit is a better allround fullback then Bowen, but on form Bowen kills the lot.

Bowen
Gasnier
Hodges
Inglis

...daylight...

Then Slater, Hayne, Inu, etc.

During the 2006 Tri-nations, Soliola looked to be up there, was tremendous to say the least. But this year injuries stunted his improvement. Expect him to continue improvement.