What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best pack in the NRL 2007 ??

ShineDog

Juniors
2007 will see some great forward battles.

South Sydney are a prime example of one team who have purchased some impressive forwards (Asotasi /Kidwell / Widders + exsisting forwards).

However , in my unbiased opinion , the " Best " pack that will be running around in 2007 ............is the Canterbury Bulldogs (even without Nate Myles / Asotasi).

Who do " you think " will have the " Best " pack in the NRL in 2007???
=================================================

8. MARK O'MELEY (AUSTRALIAN PLAYER)
9. BEN ROBERTS (NZ PLAYER)
10. WILLIE MASON (AUSTRALIAN PLAYER)
11. ANDREW RYAN (AUSTRALIAN PLAYER )
12. SONNY BILL WILLIAMS (NZ PLAYER)
13. RENI MAITUA (AUSTRALIAN PLAYER)
===

out of the storm,warriors,bulldogs and eels which i think will be in the top 4 next year
i would have to say the warriors, i think they will improve a lot next season and they would have to be my early pick
although its to early to grade from this point

Phillips

Referee
not the best but im a big fan of the Raiders pack for 07, some very underrated players there

legend

Coach
Canberra will more than hold their own and have cut loose all the driftwood in the club.

whatwhat

Juniors
The Raiders pack next year is very promising. TLL, Costigan, Weyman, Thompson, Tilse, Miller, Tounge, Thurling, G Turner, Bickerstaff.

ShineDog

Juniors
whatwhat said:
The Raiders pack next year is very promising. TLL, Costigan, Weyman, Thompson, Tilse, Miller, Tounge, Thurling, G Turner, Bickerstaff.

That will be a great forward pack in 2 years....once they gel!!
Good luck Raiders fans in 07.:)

Achillies

Juniors
South Sydney

8.Cusack
9.Webb
10.Asotasi
11.Kidwell
12.Fa'alago
13.Sutton

Others

Manoukafoa
Geddes
Stuart
Widders
Galvauo
Irvine
Macphearson

another Bulldogs pack wankfest thread. for mine the broncos have a strong pack

Civonaceva
Berrigan
Hannatt
Thorn
Thaiday
Carroll

QLD Fever

Juniors
yeah the broncos have a excellent pack, mix of young and old aswell as big and small but the bulldogs have a better pack imo.. but they need the best pack considering they have inconsist halves..

Inferno

Coach
swap hannant and Thorn and I think you'll be right.

Sharks look decent with

Ross
Kingston
Stapelton
Thommo
Gallen
Bird

with Villasanti and Douglas likely to come off the bench.

I like the look of the raiders as well.

Rocco

Juniors
bulldogs forward pack are nothing but piss weak.

Brisbane, melbourne and the warriors have a grea forward pack

mattyg

Bench
Rocco said:
bulldogs forward pack are nothing but piss weak.

Brisbane, melbourne and the warriors have a grea forward pack

Im sorry, but how do you come to the conclusion that a pack filled with international representatives is "piss weak"?:?

Maybe its just that your stupid.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ryles
Woolford
Poore
Creagh
Sims
Young

has potential. Maybe lacks a hardnut ala Wiki or Morley but a talented & youthful pack nontheless driven by an experienced hooker.

Still, the Doggies would have to have the best pack. Closely followed by Brisbane, Melbourne and the above. No coincidence that the teams with the best forward packs made the Prelims.

mattyg

Bench
Yeah IMO the Top 4 packs are:

1. Bulldogs
2. Brisbane
3. Melbourne
4. Dragons

this is for 2007, Dragons dropped a place due to the loss of Bailey. Just lost a bit of grunt up front, but still a very good pack.

CharlieF

Juniors
ShineDog said:
2007 will see some great forward battles.

South Sydney are a prime example of one team who have purchased some impressive forwards (Asotasi /Kidwell / Widders + exsisting forwards).

However , in my unbiased opinion , the " Best " pack that will be running around in 2007 ............is the Canterbury Bulldogs (even without Nate Myles / Asotasi).

Who do " you think " will have the " Best " pack in the NRL in 2007???
=================================================

8. MARK O'MELEY (AUSTRALIAN PLAYER)
9. BEN ROBERTS (NZ PLAYER)
10. WILLIE MASON (AUSTRALIAN PLAYER)
11. ANDREW RYAN (AUSTRALIAN PLAYER )
12. SONNY BILL WILLIAMS (NZ PLAYER)
13. RENI MAITUA (AUSTRALIAN PLAYER)
===

The theory that the team with the best pack wins the competition has just been but to rest, unless of course they don't have the best pack.

I saw plenty of teams this year silence the Bulldogs forwards. They are not miles ahead of every other NRL team. They may be slightly in front of some teams, but behind others in terms of forward strength.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers:
Joel Clinton
Luke Priddis
Matt Cross
Tony Puletua
Frank Pritchard
Paul Aiton
Trent Waterhouse
Shane Rodney
Matthew Bell

Not saying it's the best pack. But it's a hard hitting pack with some very experienced players, and a few young fella's with lots of potential

For the "best" pack... i'd have to say Souths. Kidwell, Asotasi, Widders, Galavuao etc. Some bloody awesome players. Pity the backs aren't up to the same standard. Atleast they will have adecent halfback with Jeremy Smith. Could be a top 8 team next year IMO.