What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best team to never win a premiership?

Red Bear

Referee
Who do you think it was? There have been some good teams to miss out on grand finals and of course lose the grand inal itself. What would your best team to never win a premiership be?

Booyah

Bench
I'm Biased so I'd probably say Cronulla in 1999. I really thought that would be our year...

And you couldn't go past Parra in 2001.

Mr Saab

Referee
Manly 1995...won 20 games and lost 2 and played CRAP in the GF.
For an against was supreme and only conceded something like 11 points a game.
They made up for it in 1996 though

t-ba

Post Whore
Over a Sustained period of time, I'd say the "Millionares" Magpies side was pretty unlucky!

dice

Juniors
IMO, 2001 Parra side was highly overrated. The current Bulldogs or Roosters outfit would have spanked them.

t-ba

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
Manly 1995...won 20 games and lost 2 and played CRAP in the GF.
For an against was supreme and only conceded something like 11 points a game.
They made up for it in 1996 though

It was actually 8.5ppg conceded.

What people forget:
-Before the season began, the Dogs had been minor premiers two years running and were hot favourites to do the job in 1995.
-Canberra won just as many games as Manly.

troydodds

Juniors
Dice - what planet are you on? The side broke point scoring, attacking, defensive and whatever other record they could find and smashed it. They thrashed sides to a pulp. How were they over-rated?

borat

Bench
Booyah said:
I'm Biased so I'd probably say Cronulla in 1999. I really thought that would be our year...

Cronulla 99 were exposed as the soft pretenders they always were. :D

Mr Saab

Referee
t-ba the hutt said:
It was actually 8.5ppg conceded.

What people forget:
-Before the season began, the Dogs had been minor premiers two years running and were hot favourites to do the job in 1995.
-Canberra won just as many games as Manly.

sorry it was 248 points over 22 games at an avg of 11.2727272727....

Manly started the year off winning 15 games a row (best start to a season)
The roosters beat them at Brookvale to end the streak. David Jay was the referee and Ricketson spent 10 in the bin. Gould went nuts and "threatened" to bring his team off the field...but he said later it was to draw the fans attention to him and not the referee.
Canberra also won 20 games as you say but were beaten by the dogs in the prelim final.

t-ba

Post Whore
Sorry, Got my seasons mixed up. That was 1996 with the defensive record.

Booyah

Bench
borat said:
Booyah said:

I don't know about that... what was the half time score in the Grand final again? :p

troydodds

Juniors
Booyah said:
borat said:
Booyah said:

I don't know about that... what was the half time score in the Grand final again? :p

At least the Dragons made it