What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best tries of 2006

innsaneink

Referee
t-ba said:
It would have been a class try at any point in the game...unbelievable control from both Orford and Stewart.
It was only circumstance...the fact it was a match winner...that makes it rate.

Why doesnt the similar try ....the one in Rd.17 V Knights @ Brookie that Stewart scored on the 1st tackle of an Orford kick from a scrum rate as well?

It was if anyhting more spectacular than the one against us...physically, it was further out, the chase was longer....the final run was longer.

Why?

Cause you were down 6-26 at the time and the game was over....circumstance rather than actions make it what it is...a great try based on circumstance.

t-ba

Post Whore
There was no one at home competing for the ball & the catch was nowhere near as difficult...and the conditions were much mroe conductive to it...

Greg Inglis vs St George/Illawarra
absolutely nothing was happening then he picked the ball up from dummy half and ran 60m beating 4-5 defenders to score

Danish

Referee
t-ba said:
It would have been a class try at any point in the game...unbelievable control from both Orford and Stewart.

I dont know how much Orford actually did......

He essentially chipped into no man's land, in fact, somewhere a better defender than Marshall would have caught it.

It was a very lucky bounce capped off with an excellent catch by Stewart. Certainly nowhere near try of the year if it happened at any stage other than the last minute.

There have been plenty more memorable ones from Stewart and Manly in general this year.

bowen_1

Juniors
At the risk of sounding biased, it has to be Bowen's chip, catch, step to win the game against the knights in round 6.

Inferno

Coach
Merrit has scored a couple of pearlers. There was a pretty sweet one off a little chip and chase.

tiger_nick

Bench
I dont think Stewarts try against the Tiges was that great. Any try in the final minutes to win a game will be memorable however there was an awful amount of luck involved in that one. I agree with Ink in that the one against the Knighhts had more skill and was better to watch. If you played them after each other to someone who didnt know the game circumstances I'm pretty sure they'd pick the Knights one.

Jasestorm

Juniors
Inglis' run from 60m run from dummy half against the Dragons. Beating Ryles, Young and Hornby (amonst others). There was absolutely nothing on and he made some very good defenders look second rate.

Webster's last second try against the Bulldogs deserves a mention as well.

Stonecutter

First Grade
jc155776 said:
Darren Albert against the Broncos Round 2

That try is the peak from a dissapointing season for the sharks. Simmons step on Hunt was awaesome and to cap it off, the offloead while falling to the ground to Albert.

Mr Saab

Referee
I will show some severe bias, but Tates try vs Manly running past Stewart.
And
Tates try in SOO3 which put the Maroons back in the game

Rod

Bench
Bowens try against us, as well as the Stewart try vs the Tigers.

I'll also be a bit biased and put forward Milton Thaiday's try against the Dogs in Round 3. The first one he scored where he beat about 4 or 5 defenders.

RABK

Referee
Milton Thaiday's 35 metre untouched effort vs the Dogs in round 3 where he beat 7 dogs defenders including Patten on a weaving run would be the best indivdual try of the year.

Don't agree, go watch it.