What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best tries of 2006

Danish

Referee
Mini's try against Manly.

Soliola's try against Parramatta a couple weeks ago.

Hicks's try against the roosters with the crazy pass by Stewart.

There really have been some pearlers this year!

P.S Cross's try against Penrith would have won by the length of the straight had it not been for some POS video ref getting out the geometry set to see if he was inside the 10.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Todd Carney stepping delightfully through about 5 or 6 parra players to score was one of canberra's best this season. Phil Grahams chip, chase, regather, and offload to Howell to score was pretty spec too

plenty of options no doubt
for number one id go with Bowen against the Knights or the last minute effort by the storm V Dogs (webster was the end scorer from memory)

SW2006

Juniors
Keep em coming guys...much appreciated..you will be able to see the results on tv next month, Sportworld.

Sugar

Bench
yobbo84 said:
For team try, has to be I think it was Dave Fa'alogo's try vs Melbourne @ Telstra, 17 sets of hands, 2 kicks... was awesome.
would have to be the best team effort:thumb and i didnt mind merritts try against manly 95m effort

Azkatro

First Grade
Bowen against the Knights in round 6 ... big occasion, big moment, huge play.

Grothe Jr against the Cowboys early in the year.

Ice777

Bench
yobbo84 said:
For team try, has to be I think it was Dave Fa'alogo's try vs Melbourne @ Telstra, 17 sets of hands, 2 kicks... was awesome.

Even though it was against my team, i've gotta say it was an awesome try and would have to be in the top 10 somewhere.

mattyg

Bench
Storm vs the dogs
Ben Roberts flick pass to o'meley in golden point against the warriors

willvillain

Juniors
chileman said:
Brett Stewarts last minute try against the Wests Tigers to win the game at Brookie!

I can't go past this one. I'll forever get goosebumps while watching it.

Although as other's have mentioned, Mini's try against Manly was a cracker - no look passes, a brilliant ball from Sia Soliola and then great speed from Mini.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers vs Sea Eagles - Round 13
Paul Aiton, right near fulltime. Makes a break through several Manly defenders has no one backing him up. Runs around 15 metres for 2 defenders to take him down and fall off the tackle. Jumps back up and runs for the line, defender tackles him and he extends his arm placing the ball on the line. Great try. Powerful run. Sole effort. Although we lost the game still.

Panthers vs Raiders - Round 18
Preston Campbell after Michael Gordon made a linebreak on the last and was forced to kick as he ran down the wing and had defenders swooping into him. Kick was beautifully placed under pressure. Preston chased it and grounded it with one hand, injuring himself while colliding with a Raiders defender trying to get to the ball.

Storm vs Broncos - Round 18
Steve Turner try off a Billy Slater linebreak. Off a short kick IIRC, one Storm player took the ball and ran backwards offloading to Slater who stepped through a few gaps, made the break and then passed it to Steve Turner who got a nice try outpacing the Broncos defenders.

Dragons vs Dogs - Round 19
Mark Gasnier after a brilliant linebreak and stepping a few defenders. Solo effort and showed his pace and linebreak skills. To those who say he can only carve up a crappy, out of form team... i'd say they're wrong.

There's a few. There are a lot more though. Going to have to watch the highlights of each game again to remember them all.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
O'Meleys golden point against us should rate in there (as much as i'd hate to admit it) but it should feature in the top ten somewhere

:lol: at almost everyone nominating tries from their own team

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
i know im biased but the Souths try that had 2 or 3 kicks in it and had about 15 passes in it. Got a mental blank and cant remember the round but it was a beauty

>zuzu<

Juniors
O Meleys try in GP V Warriors
Hicks? Try against Roosters ( Set up by a beaut of a flick pass by Stewart)
Stewarts try V Tigers ( last minute)

innsaneink

Referee
The circumstances make Brett Stewarts last minute try against us what it was, if it occured mid game it wouldnt rate a mention.

Michael Crockett, WTs v Newc, Rd. 10- Cambo, 44min was pretty good.

t-ba

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
The circumstances make Brett Stewarts last minute try against us what it was, if it occured mid game it wouldnt rate a mention.

It would have been a class try at any point in the game...unbelievable control from both Orford and Stewart.

Latest posts