What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best v Covell: Who is the better player?

Who is the better player?

• Colin Best

Votes: 141 66.5%
  • Luke Covell

Votes: 71 33.5%

• Total voters

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
it was a serious poll which im guessing most people have turned into a gee up and voted for best. comparing him to covell is just stupid. people dont compare rod wishart to willie carne do they now. luke covell is a representitive winger who leads his side triumphantly every week, best runs outside the best back in the world.

remind me again where was best during city \ country this year?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
remind me again where was best during city \ country this year?

Drinking himself to sleep at night after 18 year old Leon Bott embarassed him :lol:

I voted Covell, they're both ordinary but Best is VERY overrated and at least Covell kicks goals.

Ok lets see Covell or Best..well lets get one thing straight first, altho Gaz may give Best good passes, Mr. Best has to get to the try line on his own, Unless I have missed the part where Gaz stands there directing players around him, so he has a free run to the line, he has to work his way to the line.

Where as the only reason Covell gets to the line is because the oppositions Defence just stands there and laughs at him cause he soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow, that they get too bored standing there waiting for him to get anywhere near them that they go off and try find something more constructive to do and don't mind letting in one try!

therefore i have to say that Best is the better player :D

gregstar

Referee
i voted covell.

it is an incredible feat to play first grade footy with an assylum of forum no-hopers hanging off his custard-chucker.

tye

Juniors
When the dragons are under pressure in the semi's i think that is when you will see the best of Best.......Mark my words "he will lose a game for the dragons between now and the end of the year"..........pressure does not = colin best.

Iafeta

Referee
walker smith said:
BBSF, if you are for real then you must have an 18 inch dong...because there cant be any blood flowing to that brain...

Mwahaha!

gregstar said:
i voted covell.

it is an incredible feat to play first grade footy with an assylum of forum no-hopers hanging off his custard-chucker

Mwahaha Zippy!

Fair dinkum, this whole thread though is a gee up to try and reignite the Bumper Farrell clique. They've been awfully quiet since Cronulla have 2-9 or whatever its been.

Willow mate, please rebirth Bumper Farrell history, its priceless.

BWNB

First Grade
I ask the question.
How many more first grade games has best played then Covell?
Best has a 5 years more of experience , but still you can't compare , im sure when best was covells age he wouldnt of got half the ammount of points.

its like comparing mark gasnier to beau Scott you cant say Scott is better yet but it looks like Scott is the 2nd best thing comming out of cronulla to luke covell

aussies1st

Staff member
Covell is being made to look good in a crap Sharks backline. He couldn't even make the Tigers side last year which wasn't chocker block of talent.

BWNB

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Covell is being made to look good in a crap Sharks backline. He couldn't even make the Tigers side last year which wasn't chocker block of talent.

maybe they already had a goal kicker...
matt reik cant geta start in the tigers and he come from sharks

aussies1st

Staff member
Well look who is on the wing current Daniel Fitzhenry, surely Covell could have got in front of him. If Reick can't get in front of Fitzhenry it further proves my point the Sharks makes a winger look good.

Brutus

Referee
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
That's right, Gladys played a few games for the Newtown Whorebags.
The Newtown whorebags just got a run on Big Brother.

Gretel informed Tim of their current position on the ladder because he is a massive supporter of the club. :lol:

She also informed Logan Greg of Souths' recent form.

Good to see a couple of league fans battling it out even if Tim is a little weasel and probably wears Newtown gear for the brand. Although I have heard he does have a photo of Steve Bowden on his wall at home along with Colin Best.

gregstar

Referee
white pointer! said:
covell by a country mile.
look how many rep games had best played?
Nuff said
LOL!
great research!

best played for city in 2001

whilst at your club!!!!

you're on fire! :lol:

Tim Brasher

Juniors
I cant believe there is a poll on this... Colin Best is a good player. He has played one bad game all season and people decide to cash in on it. Luke Covell is one of the most ordinary players running around in first grade. IT is a absolute disgrace that he is ran around for country origin this year. Im a tigers fan and i was happy to see the back off him. However to his credit he is a great kicker and has improved some facets of his game including positional play and ability under the high ball but his defence is atrocious. I dare say Best will go close to city origin selection in 06

White Poiner

Coach
gregstar said:
LOL!
great research!

best played for city in 2001

whilst at your club!!!!

you're on fire! :lol:

LOL
Im gooooorrrrrrrnnneee!!!!

Meh i like em both, did best play for the residents team ?

If not, Covell is clearly better!!

Stranger

Coach
f**k compreing a man, with the skil, the loks and the all round god nature of Luke Covell to Colin Best is a blody disrace!
Covell wlil beat Best aynday

Latest posts