What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Winger Under the High Ball?

Johns Magic

Referee
RenoufPhan said:
Luke Rooney is the best in the league.

Karmichael Hunt has been brilliant under the high ball this year. I can't remember him ever dropping one. He would be the best of the Broncos.

What about Stuart Kelly? :lol:

russ13

First Grade
RenoufPhan said:

Karmichael Hunt has been brilliant under the high ball this year. I can't remember him ever dropping one. He would be the best of the Broncos.

Lockyer?

Big Mick

Referee
Rooney and Lewis, two of the best i've seen this year and last.

Its a shame Lewis is now in the centres, but Roberts is reading the play very well this year.

Apart from that Joel Monoghan very good.

Eric Grothe Junior very good

Brett Stewart has also impressed me on occasions.

Godz Illa said:
Booyah said:
I can. He had a shocker of a game under the high-ball late last year. I can't think who it was against though. I suspect Newcastle.
Ahh of course the game against Newcastle last year. That memory has been successfully repressed, thus foiling any attempts at recall. Therefore, in my mind his standing among the high-ball catchers remains, despite the apparent fact that he had an all-round crap game that day.

Was that his first grade debut ?? I have a feeling it might have been.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
russ13 said:
RenoufPhan said:

Lockyer?
Lockyer has always been brilliant under the high ball, but he hasn't had to catch one all year.

You sort of get that when you're defending at 5/8th. :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
thuganomics said:
Henry Fa'fili is not bad either.
He was amazing under the bombs in 2001-2002. Hasn't had much opportunity on attack since though.

Absolutely. There has not been a better attacking take of a high cross field bomb than the one Henry Fa'afili took against Manly in 2001 at Ericsson. Un-freakin-believable. He practically used the other wingers shoulders as a jumping board.

His take against Jamal Lolesi in last years semi was good, but it was absolutely nothing in comparison to THAT take against Manly. Best...ever.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Do you guys even watch the game? Rooney was the one that gave the game to Queensland when he tryed to look spectacular and take the ball above his head in Origin two all to give Dane Carlaw an easy try. He also was the result of a Dragons try this year when he had no pressure on him and dropped a sitter. Simon Phillips is the best winger under the high ball. Barely any of you will know who he is because you are Sydney-centric.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ill throw in a name

Jamaal Lolesi
raider fans remember foundly some of the magical takes he brought down at the raiders, he gets up on position and gets a fair amount of height for a little bloke

i dunno how he has gone this year, havnt really watched him with as much focus

The Colonel

Immortal
Brett Anderson - young 17 yr old from Parramatta is going to cause problems in the future. The other week against Manly he was almost able to stand on Hicks shoulders - he did knock the ball on but he was trying to play it back.

Monaghan, Richards and Grothe Jr being tall men have a good advantage.

Mattie Petersen - despite his other deficiencies at times troubles the opposition at times.

Latest posts