What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bevan Smitn

great.scott

Juniors
What can anyone tell me about him.
Starred for Wigan this year and won man of match in Super League Grand Final and also in Cup final.
Know he is an Aussie but know nothing of him.

Dragon David

First Grade
Starred for Wigan this year and won man of match in Super League Grand Final and also in Cup final.
There is no Bevan Smith playing for Wigan - great.scott. I think you are referring to Bevan French who to me has been an outstanding player in the Super League especially for Wigan and the other guy is Jai Field. French played for the Eels in the NRL and finished up there part way in 2019 and joined Wigan for the rest of that year. He is currently signed to that club til the end of 2028.

Jai Field had stints with the Dragons and Eels for a few years and joined Wigan in 2021. He too has been very good in the Super League.

While these two players are shining brightly in the UK, that doesn't mean that they would be great in the NRL if they were to return but I would give them a go at the right price but they would unlikely come back as they are held in high esteem at Wigan.

Reactions: jak

BLM01

First Grade
Been killing it in Super League. Was a fast slender winger for Parra
Not sure why they let him go at a very young age but likely defense was not up to it for NRL (similar to Sloan)
he plays a fair bit in halves these days I think but certainly adds pace to our back line
Thought about him for a few years
Still not sold why no one has picked him up from SL yet

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah sorry everyone with wrong name. Gee I thought he was good and I have seen him a few times this year. A Five-eight and I just thought he was worth a look. Also liked a Wigan forward - Thompson
Yes, Luke Thompson is his name. He played for the Bulldogs from 2020-2023 and then signed a 4 year deal with Wigan from 2024. Good on his day like lots of players but wasn't consistent like lots of players.

Oh, the Thread is Bevan Smitn I just realised. You must be so keen on him that you are Smitten with him. LOL.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Been killing it in Super League. Was a fast slender winger for Parra
Not sure why they let him go at a very young age but likely defense was not up to it for NRL (similar to Sloan)
he plays a fair bit in halves these days I think but certainly adds pace to our back line
Thought about him for a few years
Still not sold why no one has picked him up from SL yet
He re-signed with Wigan to the end of 2028 and unless he has a clause in his contract to allow him to break his deal if a club in the NRL really wanted him and he became homesick/family reasons (the usual excuse) then Wigan will want him as he will become a legend for that club.

Latest posts