What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big game this Friday

Gaba

First Grade
Gaba, what the hell does it matter if Sheens sits in the coaching box or on the sideline? FWIW he usually comes to the sideline halfway through the second half of most games.
:D it was just banter

I rate sheens with his game plans .

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I Can't recall a game with Lawrence and Gaz matched up with each other?
oh wait 2006... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizZzEbkmbw two soffest opening tries i've ever seen...who's side was it down? LAWRENCE lol he was lucky Gaz was attacking the other side...

lawrence was 17 and still in school then. up until halfway through 2008 (when todd carney absolutely embarrassed him) lawrence was a horrible defender.

since that day he has really put in and is now a brilliant defender, id go as far to say one of the best 3 defensive centers in the league now. better the two geniuss we saw last wednesday night, thats for sure...

Ribs

Bench
lol at the tigers talking it up. Every week we get the biggest two or three wankers that follow the team we're playing.

Welcome lads. Who do we have next week?

lawrence was 17 and still in school then. up until halfway through 2008 (when todd carney absolutely embarrassed him) lawrence was a horrible defender.

since that day he has really put in and is now a brilliant defender, id go as far to say one of the best 3 defensive centers in the league now. better the two geniuss we saw last wednesday night, thats for sure...

Mate i think your right the kid will probably play origin next year... Won't change this w/e result tho..Dragons by 20

Vic Mackey

Referee
lol at the tigers talking it up. Every week we get the biggest two or three wankers that follow the team we're playing.

Welcome lads. Who do we have next week?

pretty boring without it mate ;-) nothing like some good pre game banter. its great to see sydney teams dominating the top of the table. all sydney block busters are so much more exciting then a storm v broncos or something lame like that.

the dragons and tigers have built up a bit of a rivalry over the last few years, mainly due to the 05 semi. this is tribalism at its best!

btw if the dragons win ill be the first in here congratulating them

big pat

Coach
pretty boring without it mate ;-) nothing like some good pre game banter. its great to see sydney teams dominating the top of the table. all sydney block busters are so much more exciting then a storm v broncos or something lame like that.

the dragons and tigers have built up a bit of a rivalry over the last few years, mainly due to the 05 semi. this is tribalism at its best!

btw if the dragons win ill be the first in here congratulating them

nothing like pre game banter, but you can call dean young a spastic, i think you maybe the one not right in the head, deano has been st george's rock all season so far, and i'll bet bennett can't wait for him to comeback from injury, and if you can't make polite conversation without putting people down, then you should piss off.:x

Vic Mackey

Referee
sorry dean didnt mean to hurt your feelings

p.s you are a spastic who would be playing for the dapto canaries if your last name was nelson

Cagey Mac

Bench

Your maths is about as good as your manners.
Let’s pick oh say three centres from oh say the Dragons
Lawrence averages less tackles than
Scott or Cooper or even Stanley who all average more tackles per game than Lawrence as well
(NRL Stats as at today)
FYI
Lawrence misses one in 9.11 tackles c. 16 tackles per game
Stanley misses one in 18.16 c. 20 tackles per game
Coops who is having a bad year by his standards misses one in 11.1 and Scott misses one in 12.17
Lawrence isn’t bad it just depends on who is compared to

The Gambler

Juniors
Your maths is about as good as your manners.
Let’s pick oh say three centres from oh say the Dragons
Lawrence averages less tackles than
Scott or Cooper or even Stanley who all average more tackles per game than Lawrence as well
(NRL Stats as at today)
FYI
Lawrence misses one in 9.11 tackles c. 16 tackles per game
Stanley misses one in 18.16 c. 20 tackles per game
Coops who is having a bad year by his standards misses one in 11.1 and Scott misses one in 12.17
Lawrence isn’t bad it just depends on who is compared to
Kyle Stanley? The guy has played three games this year, barely an accurate stat sample.

Fair enough comparing Lawrence to the other two guys, but FFS - a bit of objectivity wouldn't go astray.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
sorry dean didnt mean to hurt your feelings

p.s you are a spastic who would be playing for the dapto canaries if your last name was nelson
They teach 'em well in the back woods.

Another blow-in full of class.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Kyle Stanley? The guy has played three games this year, barely an accurate stat sample.

Fair enough comparing Lawrence to the other two guys, but FFS - a bit of objectivity wouldn't go astray.

I like to think that I’m always objective
Let’s look at the facts
Stanley has played 4 games for an average of 71 minutes this season (3 at centre). The average number of appearances for a centre in Season 2010 to date is 6.84
His Avg. tackle rate at centre is 22 per game and in that position he misses one in 31.42 tackles. The average miss / tackle rate for centres in the NRL is one in 5.8. “Style” has the highest tackle rate per game of any centre (the average is 12.9 per game and that renowned centre, Matt Prior, comes in second). I don’t know his one on one stats but he tackles like an axe, felling players with incredible technique.
Vic whoever, wrote of Lawrence’s improvement with age given his defence early was poor as a young bloke.
This kid is 19 and playing on the back of two knee reconstructions.
How many times did you need to see Usain Bolt to figure the he may be able to run fast.
FFS indeed my friend, a diamond is a diamond, is a diamond and shines from the first time you see it, until the last.

Godz Illa

Coach
And every September for you, except

steve-bradbury.jpg

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Still burns, doesn't it?

:lol:

Anyhow, should be a pretty good game on Friday night if form and ladder position means anything. Expecting a full house?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Our next 7 weeks are against teams in the top 8. That could change by the time we get them obviously with the log jam from teams 3 to 11. The Tigers position is inflated due to having had 2 byes, so they will slip right back into the pack if we beat them on Friday.

Look for the Tigers to try and go around us, as is their style. They will take soft options all night and try for the miracle play. If they don't put two tries on us early, then their odds of winning will be blowing out by the set. Their go forward against the Raiders was pretty poor & our boys will be fresher this week. I'd like to see us come out quick and put a few on them early, but I think Bennett is just drilling them to stick to the game plan so they have the confidence in it come semis f things are going against us. He knows it works and so do the players.

Dunno about anyone else, but to me, Saints are in about second gear to start games at the moment, content to grind and tackle. Its working brilliantly for them, but I get the feeling that they are keeping plenty in reserve and conserving their energy for rounds 22 onwards, which is where we ran out of juice & confidence last year.

Here's hoping anyway.

silverex

Bench
Still burns, doesn't it?

:lol:

Anyhow, should be a pretty good game on Friday night if form and ladder position means anything. Expecting a full house?

Only tickets left are single seats in Cats 2 & 3 and GA on the hill.

Starting to get pumped already! :D

Only 2 more sleeps!