What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big game this Friday

Cagey Mac

Bench
:I think it's because you can't trot once you get past four kind of a clippity-clop-clop-clippity-cloppity thing
This superstitious stuff really gives me the trots. Next thing you'll be telling me that the Raiders are our bogey team :crazy:

dragonlady53

Juniors
I don't think you can count the bye as a "win", so we only have 3 in a row, by my reckoning. If that appeases the gods of superstitions, it can only be a good thing (for us).

hardbaby

Coach
I have been to many Dragons-Tigers matches in the last 5 years and while I don't have the stats in front of me, I suspect we have lost as many as we have won. Even with Gaz scoring a ridiculous number of tries, we struggled. Canberra is our bogey team but we always find the Tigers tough. On current form we'll win but I would predict a close game.

Dragons 22 Tigers 18

jpaciocco91

Juniors
We have beaten them three times since 2005, in 2005, 2006 and 2009.
They have beaten us twice in '05, once in '06 and '07, and twice in 2008.
Over the past five years its 6-3 to Benji's Kittens.
I think the record from 2000-2004 was much better

Saintsman

Juniors
I for one didn't forget. Doesn't mean Tigers will win on friday night because they won 5 years ago now does it?

zombat

Juniors
no but what some of u dragons fans are saying is pretty much exactly the same as 05'.

you will start favourites, and rightly so.

but to say it will be 50 blot is a bit of a reach innit?

Nugby

Juniors
1 - We'll beat them because even if he's just watching from the stands, Gasnier's presence will turn Chris Lawrence into a blubbering mess.

2 - 18-10

MacDougall

First Grade
The Dragons are due a slip up. The Tigers are the sort of team that will do it.

Could go either way. Dragons aren't as good as they appear imo. If they had another coach that squad wouldn't be top of the table. Sheens is exactly the sort of coach to create a game plan to shake the Dragons up, and as seen in their few losses this year, once they begin to crumble they fade.

Should be a good game. I'm not confident, but I'm not dreading it either.

nows the game to try out the new offence they have been talking about...

Tigers cant defend...

You don't watch any games other than Dragons game admit it.

The Tigers have conceded an average of 8 points over the past 4 games.

Divine

Bench
Very quiet. Still finding his feet in magic bracelet land...(re: McKinnon)

Last edited:

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
nows the game to try out the new offence they have been talking about...

Tigers cant defend...
Our defence is the best in the league over the last month.

Last four weeks conceeded:

That's pretty impressive in anyone's book.

Last four weeks:
For - 110
Against - 32

A stiff test against the Dragons but this could easily be the shock of your season.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Flip a coin in regards to how Tigers will play.

It's funny.... Tigers winning lately makes me more confident Saints will win. I'd be more worried if they were coming off a loss....

Latest posts