What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Ronnie

DJDL

Bench
Arrived in Qld as a 14 years old, the rules state that a player has to be playing in Australia at 13 or under.
Seeing if because he played for their U18's he may still be allowed. It's QLD, they bend the rules to suit them.
Kempsey.

I fear our boy is about to get the rug pulled out from under his feet.

Inferno

Coach
Akuila Uate came to Australia as a 15 and it didn't stop him from playing for the Blues...

The criteria is a joke does anyone really care any more?

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Jesus that’s not fair on him. How has he been able to come this far if he’s not eligible? They’ll have to call in an emergency winger, their 18th man is Coen Hess lol

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Pardon my ignorance.... did Ronnie get the flick.

I can't find anything up here that he has been ruled out.

shaggs

Coach
How or why did no one check the eligibility prior to picking him for U18 or U20 origin the past few years?
how the actual f**k does a guy get into the senior origin team without the selectors or QRL having a list of who can and can’t be picked.
Absolute shambles

Anyone wonder why this wasn't picked up a long time ago?
I mean the rules didn't just come in last week.
Seriously, he has never been eligible to play. Did his manager, the NRL, QRL, ever think of checking it and let him know?
Everyone else seems to know if they can play or not.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Seriously, he has never been eligible to play. Did his manager, the NRL, QRL, ever think of checking it and let him know?
Exactly. I wouldn’t be surprised if the sharks missed it too. I bet he has an origin bonus in his contract.

Exactly. I wouldn’t be surprised if the sharks missed it too. I bet he has an origin bonus in his contract.
Haha yes I conveniently forget the Sharks and contracts etc. I guess because he had already represented QLD no one bothered to check.

fizman

Bench
Mate, I can say from my own personal experience that if you have visited QLD they will claim you as their own.

Qld Clubs AND the QRL are very loose with their paperwork. It wouldn’t surprise in the slightest if they allegedly knew he wasn’t eligible but processed it anyway - again, through my own experience that’s how it rolled.

bluefox68

Staff member
How or why did no one check the eligibility prior to picking him for U18 or U20 origin the past few years?
how the actual f**k does a guy get into the senior origin team without the selectors or QRL having a list of who can and can’t be picked.
Absolute shambles
Because this code is run by rank amateurs who gave up on education at about Yr. 6…