What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big three back for Broncos clash

woodgers

Bench
benmeyer said:
Lomu, Williams, Hodgo and Miller are an absolute must. We have had no go forward at all this year and these 4 blokes will provide it in spades.

True, we can compete with them there. There is no point asking a player of Gafa's standard to come on and run rings out wide around Hodges, Tate and Co. We won't win a game again this year if we try and beat teams out wide. As much as I don't like to see it too often, Croker can fill in in the backs if there is an injury.

thickos

First Grade
woodgers said:
True, we can compete with them there. There is no point asking a player of Gafa's standard to come on and run rings out wide around Hodges, Tate and Co. We won't win a game again this year if we try and beat teams out wide. As much as I don't like to see it too often, Croker can fill in in the backs if there is an injury.

Croker would also give them plenty of starch out wide too, not many people are gonna run through the great man.

I'd run with at least one of the two new big boppers purely on the basis that we need some size about us, we have a lot of not-too imposing second rowers doing the job of a prop so let's hope one of them steps up to become an enforcer for the team.

Timbo

Staff member
I'd axe Gafa from the bench, bring in Williams.

Lomu another week in PL for mine.

thickos

First Grade
I think the only thinking behind Lomu over Williams is the fitness of Lomu. Williams still seems to struggle, he's still carrying the kg's.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Raider_Azz said:
From that bench I'd take

14. ALAN TONGUE
15. KRIS KAHLER
16. JOSH MILLER
19. JASON WILLIAMS
I agree 100%. Leave Gafa, Cross, Lomu in PL. Lomu might get a run in FG next week though...

Roy Rover

Juniors
Gafa will be on the bench. I'll bet my house on it.
Cross, Lomu & Williams will all play PL. Look out whoever they're playing!

Brimmer

Juniors
posh said:
do we all think terry campese is the answer for our future no.6?

I see him more of a future lock myself. He does have a booming kick which would suit the halves though.

Mr Saab

Referee
lomu is playing 1st grade this weekend. Just heard clinton schifcofske say it on radio

Roy Rover

Juniors
I once saw Charlie Saab walking down King Street in Newtown in his Police uniform.
He was one cop you certainly wouldn't give any lip!

Raider Azz

Bench
Raider Ultra said:
That's interesting, I don't tihnk he even played reserves last week, did he?
Nah he did apparantely. Must have had one HELL of a game. Either that or Elliot has big wraps on him. Methinks it is a combination of both.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider Ultra said:
That's interesting, I don't tihnk he even played reserves last week, did he?

yea i think he did, played from the bench i believe
must of been one hell of a performance to get a gig this quick

but i expected elliot to go the way of playing Lomu or Williams, the broncos still have a rather large and mobile pack that will be hard to contain and better. Lomu's strength, size and mobility will come in handy

Raider_69

Post Whore
so he has terrible handling, no disapline and a long illustrious history of poor performances?!

azza

Juniors
Just check the Sharks forum and you will see they think he is hopeless. Makes sense why we signed him really.

sydraider

First Grade
azza said:
Just check the Sharks forum and you will see they think he is hopeless. Makes sense why we signed him really.

These the same bunch of guys who dont shut up about covell??? :lol:

Well I hope they are consistent!