What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest anti-league nuffy in the Sydney media

Brutus

Referee
In my eyes it's that horse racing tosser Richard "Fat Quaddie" Freedman from 2KY. Hosts a Sydney sports show every morning, talking up AFL and to a lesser degree union all the time. He's the first one to bag out league, but if anyone bags his precious AFL or union the bloke gets so defensive it's nauseating. The main problem though is his lack of RL general knowledge and other sports. The bloke has an opinion on most things, but his intricate knowledge is non-existent. He brings a Melbourne mentality to Sydney radio which is something we could do without.

Three cheers to "The Nark" who always picks him up on his anti-league and pro-Melbourne/AFL bias. It really gets on "Fat Quaddie's" Freedman's nerves. By the way if you also want to irritate him, ring him up call him "Fat Quaddie" - he hates it.

Any other candidates?

The Gunner

Juniors
I don't know anyone who listens to 2KY except when a race is on, so I wouldn't be too worried. The audience is quite small.

Brutus

Referee
He is also on the Back Page (another small audience) and writes a column for the Sunday Tele. A bloke with such a small knowledge of sports other than racing shouldn't have anywhere near the gigs. He should be on 2KY commentating on racing, nothing else.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I was stupid enough to leave the channel on after the game last night, and the Back Page came on. Yes, I know it is guff, but I watched it.

Freedman did the same thing, couldn't say a bad thing about the AFL drug issue.

I also note that his back page article on the weekends never puts shiate on horseracing either. I wonder why.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dick is my most disliked radio personality.
I wish he would piss off back to melbourne.
Greg Hayes and TK should be the hosts of the show.

The nark is the best there is

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Mr Saab said:

I can't stand him either but i think you'll find he's a new south welshman. He lived for a few years in victoria but he's notorious for sinking the boots into the victorian public so i'm not sure there is too much of a bias.

The guy is a huge union fan so obviously he's not playing with a full deck.

Brutus

Referee
Yep, I'm all for Hayes taking over Freedman's gig. At least he has a wide scope of Sydney sports knowledge and doesn't prance around as if he's the messiah on every issue.

Brutus

Referee
Fightin' Irish said:
I can't stand him either but i think you'll find he's a new south welshman. He lived for a few years in victoria but he's notorious for sinking the boots into the victorian public so i'm not sure there is too much of a bias.

The guy is a huge union fan so obviously he's not playing with a full deck.

He grew up in Yass (which is close enough to Vic) and has spent most of his life in Melbourne profiting from his brother's success.

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Brutus said:
He grew up in Yass (which is close enough to Vic) and has spent most of his life in Melbourne profiting from his brother's success.

The ever-drunk Freedman brother Micheal aka Mr .05 is also riding on Lee's coat tails, leeching must be a family thing

Ice777

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Greg Hayes and TK should be the hosts of the show.

The nark is the best there is

We don't want the farker back he's all yours ;-)

Raider Azz

Bench
Brutus said:
i think you need to look at a map buddy, yass is no where near vic

Ice777

Bench
Raider Azz said:
i think you need to look at a map buddy, yass is no where near vic

That's what i was thinking. It's about 300km from Wodonga on the Victorian border. Nice attempt to try and palm him off to us Brutus :lol:

Brutus

Referee
Ice777 said:
That's what i was thinking. It's about 300km from Wodonga on the Victorian border. Nice attempt to try and palm him off to us Brutus :lol:

:lol:

DeeGan

Bench
Richard Freedman - why rugby league and sports fans have to suffer in seeing this guy portrayed as a "sports expert" is one life's mysteries ... N.F.I is fitting when desrcibing this pompous, white collar clown.

Watch just one episode of the Back Page with him on it and you won't tune in again.

I cannot recall her name, though that 'Mother Teresa, Rugby League hating' female journalist who broke up a marriage and married Stan Grant ... she, with Freedman, Wilson and co. top the Nuffy list.

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Brutus said:
Well Freedman did spend about 20 years in Melbourne and when he started on the BSB had absolutely no idea on RL, still doesn't to this day.

To be honest other than horse racing im not sure he knows anything about anything.

Ice777

Bench
DeeGan said:
I cannot recall her name, though that 'Mother Teresa, Rugby League hating' female journalist who broke up a marriage and married Stan Grant ... she, with Freedman, Wilson and co. top the Nuffy list.

Tracey Holmes.

Brutus

Referee
Yes good point. Tracey Holmes would be up there as well. She's a shocker and I've heard she will be hosting ABC Grandstand again could result in her co-ordinating RL grandstand.

Danny Weidler loves his rugby union and isn't big league fan at all, but at least it doesn't get in the way of his work. I supposed if it did, he would be resigned to being union journalist which wouldn't give him much of a profile in this country.

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Ice777 said:
Tracey Holmes.

I'll never forget the radio interview she did with Shane Warne a year or two back when she went to water after previously bagging the crap out of the great man, for 10 minutes she was his greatest fan.

No credibilty whatsoever, it seems to be a prerequisite to get on the back page it seems given freedman, Brian Taylor and Fitzsimmons are also regulars.