What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest anti-league nuffy in the Sydney media

El Diablo

Post Whore
i think monday night footy gave it a boost. it made the top 100 last week for the first time i can remember and i presume this was because the replay followed MNF

Brutus

Referee
El Diablo said:
seeing Mike Gibson makes me glad Norths are gone

can't stand him

Gibbo used to stick it to AFL in the papers, but he's as week as pis s on tv when confronted by a bunch of AFl-lovers.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I didn't have Pay Tv on for 12 months, but as soon as I got it on again, I watched the Back page.

It's gone so far down hill it's no wonder it never rates, the only sport they hardly ever mention is RL unless it's putting the boot in.

Shocking anti RL show.

I will give Fitzy one thing over the other wankers, he might like to put the boot into RL at any time, but he is about the only one on the panel to stick up for it if they are going on too far with their usual BS.

If they want the ratings to lift, surely they can't be stupid enough not to realise they need to talk about RL more?

They didn't mention the WCC when it was played, they had no NRL special for the season launch, yet AFL got 1, they don't mention RL at all unless they are trying to deflect bad attention away from Union or AwFuL.

Brutus

Referee
Talkin Sport has taken a backward step by bringing back Gavin Roberston. The guy has the most annoying voice on radio and NFI about any sport...even bloody cricket.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tell me about it Brutus.
Robbo is a COMPLETE nuffy and has a shocking voice for radio.
I have turned off that show when he is on.
Why the #$%@ is he back!!!

The Preacher

First Grade
I hadn't heard him before, and when he started talking I thought, hope this bloke knows what he's going on about because he's got a shocking voice to be on radio.
Then I find out he was going to be a regular panelist. Bad move IMO 2sm.

Mr Saab

Referee
He was an original member (robertson) and then left for some other career move...and now he has been back the past 2 weeks or so.
He is a nuffy.
Get ready for his "flummoxed" and "back yourself" comments.
He has the mentality of a 5 yr old with how he talks to callers.

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
He was an original member (robertson) and then left for some other career move...and now he has been back the past 2 weeks or so.
He is a nuffy.
Get ready for his "flummoxed" and "back yourself" comments.
He has the mentality of a 5 yr old with how he talks to callers.

I don't bother listening to the show when Robertson is on. The quality drops immensely. My fave duo is Graeme and Langers and I can also cop Brett Papworth as well. Geyer is so so.

Mr Saab

Referee
I switch off as well, and i also agree with Langers and Hughes.
I cant listen too much to MG, he is a complete amateur on radio and someone should tell him that clearing your throat every 2 minutes is not professional.
Papworth..nope...cant cop him either.

sherrinator

Juniors
i dunno wat the issue is cos every other sydney based sports show is extremely pro-league. surely a little radio show shouldnt bother you?

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
I switch off as well, and i also agree with Langers and Hughes.
I cant listen too much to MG, he is a complete amateur on radio and someone should tell him that clearing your throat every 2 minutes is not professional.
Papworth..nope...cant cop him either.

Langers may act the clown, but he comes up with smart reads on the game and I love his knowledge of its history.

You know you are not going to get the same footy intelligence with Geyer and for someone who is supposed to be controversial, he is nothing but soft. I remember hearing interview with Sam Newman and spent the whole time sucking up his arse. The voice box seems constantly full of flem.

Papworth can be boring, but he doesn't hit the nerves like robertson does. Tex is also an amateur and it's a shame J.Smith moved on - he was good. They actually had Peter Tunks co-hosting a few weeks back and he was surprisingly good.

DeeGan

Bench
Russell "Sports Guy" Barwick ... definately a top three candidate for the 'Nuffy' award. One half of the Aussie duo that single handedly lowered the standard of ESPN.

stitch6004

Juniors
The AFL gets preferential treatment on pti australia for the start of the NRL they had about a 5 minute segment on where the teams would finish.But the AFL got a full half hour show. Russel barwicks a shocker

Mr Saab

Referee
True Stich.
Couldnt believe it when i saw Sam "you know i make zero sense" Kekovich interviewing Roos for whole show.
AFL doesnt rate on PayTV as evidence by 75 of the top 100 ratings paytv shows being league games.