What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest anti-league nuffy in the Sydney media

Woods99

Juniors
Fightin' Irish said:
The guy is a huge union fan so obviously he's not playing with a full deck.

Most of the world, including the Irish, seem to prefer rugby union to league. That sounds like a pretty full deck, to me.;-)

Are you really Irish?

Hindyscrack

Bench
Woods99 said:
Most of the world, including the Irish, seem to prefer rugby union to league. That sounds like a pretty full deck, to me.;-)

Are you really Irish?

yes woods MOST of the world....

:roll: :roll:

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Woods99 said:

Are you really Irish?

My old man was born and bred in ireland , luckily for me my mother is italian though so im not only a funny bastard but extremely good looking. ;-)

Im a big fan of college football and i follow Notre Dame with a passion as my avatar shows. They are called the fighting irish and are the reason why i chose that particular name as my handle.

Brutus

Referee
Woods99 said:

Are you really Irish?

Most of the world have hardly heard of league which is the sport's main problem. Union has a massive network of white collar people throughout the world that keep it going regardless of how popular it is. Union has also played its part in stopping league's progress in sevela countries. A country like a Australia where both codes are given a fair go in the media, league finishes well out in front. In England the ESL gets bigger tv audiences and attracts bigger crowds that its union equivalant. Only Internationals give union a profile over there and as is the case in Australia, this is the only union many of the English toffs will attend. Below that level it's a case of who cares. Of course we all know what happened in France, but NZ is of course a union stronghold regardless of league's presence.

Union is a third rate sport in Ireland behind Gaelic and soccer.

Brutus said:
Danny Weidler loves his rugby union and isn't big league fan at all, but at least it doesn't get in the way of his work. I supposed if it did, he would be resigned to being union journalist which wouldn't give him much of a profile in this country.

really? where did you here this from?

magpie_man

Juniors
Peter Fitzsimons
Mike Carlton
Spiro Zavos
Richard Freedman

Richard Hinds used to be a douchebag, but it seems he's warmed to rugby league of late.

Brutus

Referee
Hinds creams his dacks over AFL and has to make an AFL reference in just about every article. Should be shipped off back to Melbourne like Freedman.

magpie_man

Juniors
Yeah, you get that from AFL journos.
I don't mind if they wanna bring in AFL references as long as it isn't the chest-beating, penis-envious drivel we're used to.
Oh, that reminds me, I forgot another one:

Patrick Smith.

Mr Saab

Referee
magpie_man said:
Peter Fitzsimons
Mike Carlton
Spiro Zavos
Richard Freedman

Richard Hinds used to be a douchebag, but it seems he's warmed to rugby league of late.

Tracey Holmes is the leader of the pack.
The Back Page is without doubt the worst sports show on TV.

Mr Saab

Referee
It died when Frilingos died.
Now we have :

Billy Birmingham : he was funny in 1989, he should stick to "trying" to be a comedian and leave sports talk well alone.
Paul Salmon...knows nothing, and is shown up big time by his fellow panelists.
Peter Fitsimmons...meh
Tracey Holmes...pi$$ off back to China and take your pathetic hair style with you
Brian Taylor...he is pro AFL, but i dont mind him actually
Steve Mascord....not on there often enough
Richard Freedman...all has been said in previous posts.
Jon Anderson....nuffy AFL

DeeGan

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Now we have :

Billy Birmingham : he was funny in 1989, he should stick to "trying" to be a comedian and leave sports talk well alone.
Peter Fitsimmons...meh
Tracey Holmes...pi$$ off back to China and take your pathetic hair style with you

Can't say I disagree - nice assessment.

I watched it a couple of times after Chippy passed and haven't watched it since.

Mike Gibson was sans-clackers, they rode roughshod over him.

Chippy gave the pricks a serve and never took a backward step. Gibson is stuck in reverse.

magpie_man

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Now we have :

Peter Fitsimmons...meh
Fair assessment, I haven't watched it yonks, does Mascord still come on now and then?

Brutus

Referee
I wonder if Freedman still thinks that John Morris is playing five-eighth for Parramatta?:lol:

I can't believe the Back Page hasn't gone the way of that horrible Thursday night show called Main Game. It has to be canned soon.

That Paul Salmon is the most useless, mumbling tv talent ever. He knows nothing and isn't afraid to hide the fact.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Now we have :

Peter Fitsimmons...meh

when was Mascord last on??

i don't watch it these days

Mr Saab

Referee
Mascord was on last yr after the 2006 GF.
He may have been on since, but cant recall

El Diablo

Post Whore
every time i've flicked it over just to see what's on and who their guest will be he's never been there

it's just an AFL apologist show these days. any league fan who watches it should be shot.