What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest anti-league nuffy in the Sydney media

DeeGan

Bench
magpie_man said:
Rebecca Wilson.

Some things go without being said ... she is the Queen though facing a tough challenge for the throne by Tracey Holmes.

The Preacher

First Grade
Holmes wont get within cooee of the "she-devil" Wilson. She's in a class of her own. If she was a breed of cattle, you wouldn't get a price at the sales nor would you be allowed anywhere near the best of breed section at the Easter Show !!!

DeeGan said:
Some things go without being said ... she is the Queen though facing a tough challenge for the throne by Tracey Holmes.

I don't know if anyone else here listens to Adam Spencer on ABC in the mornings (yes, I am a nerd) but Tracey (filling in for David Morrow's sports report) went on an hysterical tirade the other morning about Lafranchi and the NRL's new sponsorship deals. What part of 'alleged' does she not understand?

Anti-RL stuff on Spencer's program is nothing new though - if it wasn't for David Morrow's sports report any sports on Spencer's program would be a 'Swans Report' (the wall-to-wall puff pieces about 'AFL personalities' on his show would make you think he has a commercial arrangement with them... Hmmm... Did I say that?).

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Mr Saab said:
True Stich.
Couldnt believe it when i saw Sam "you know i make zero sense" Kekovich interviewing Roos for whole show.
AFL doesnt rate on PayTV as evidence by 75 of the top 100 ratings paytv shows being league games.

I seen that, I watched it yesterday and it was an AFL love in again.

Hardly any RL, and when they do talk about it, they bring AFL in and get off the subject.

The last straw was yesterday at the end of the show where they pick their upsets, they mentioned when we come back, our upsets for the weekend in AFL and NRL.

I waited, and no mention at all about the NRL, just more BS about AFL.

If everyone on fox wants to treat RL like this, I won't watch their shows, they are the idiots who are killing their shows, they have no idea what the audience wants to listen too.

And Keko was about the only AFL person I had respect for, I noticed when ever anyone had something bad to say about the AFL either with drugs or some other issue, he changes the subject or put's it back at RL.

I see that respect slipping with each episode.

It just shows that if you want to watch anything about RL on sports shows in Australia, watch RL shows and RL shows only, you'll be very disappointed with the rest.

Sadly, every sports show has been taken over by AwFuL apologists who only have time for AwFuL.

Lift your game Pay TV, I pay for this sh*t. :x

LordLeague

Juniors
How do all these pro MDMA-FL apologist Melbournites manage to infiltrate the Sydney Media to such an extent. They are everywhere and definatelly driving an anti RL and pro MDMA-FL agenda. There is farkin MDMA-FL anywhere! I am starting to believe that these people must be MDMA-FL operatives or something.

On another note, the Channel 7 Sunrise show is a shocker. The don't bag League, they just ignore it. Their love affair with Yawnion and MDMA-FL is sickening.

LordLeague

Mr Saab

Referee
DeeGan said:
Mark Baretta(sp) :lol: Has to be related to Barwick - N.F.I

Baretta is another tosspot who has NFI and giggles to everything said.
He should stick to water skiing.

DeeGan

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Baretta is another tosspot who has NFI and giggles to everything said.
He should stick to water skiing.

Perhaps guilty of doing his best impersonation of a cross between Koch and a "true aussie sports nut" - pathetic :lol:

LordLeague said:
How do all these pro MDMA-FL apologist Melbournites manage to infiltrate the Sydney Media to such an extent. They are everywhere and definatelly driving an anti RL and pro MDMA-FL agenda. There is farkin MDMA-FL anywhere! I am starting to believe that these people must be MDMA-FL operatives or something.

On another note, the Channel 7 Sunrise show is a shocker. The don't bag League, they just ignore it. Their love affair with Yawnion and MDMA-FL is sickening.

LordLeague

Roy Masters (?) wrote an article in the SMH on his theory as to why Rugby league is totally ignored by the non-Sports media whereas AFL and Union discussions will pop up in the most unlikely places. It'd be online somewhere.

In Sydney, I think, it's because both Union and AFL are considered to be 'fashionable' and something people in the media wish to be associated with (which is why Delta Goodrem and an assortment of Z-grade celebrities turn up, and get photographed at Swans and 'Tahs matches).

While this annoys me incredibly, I think it's partly our fault and the game needs to do more to improve its image until the talking heads on TV are happy to yammer on incessantly about it as they currently do with other sports...

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
No, the problem is we should be moving all the bloody Victorians back to Victoria and let the real fans of Sydney talk about what is relevant to them.

El Diablo

Post Whore
cumberlandsashes81 said:
I think it's partly our fault and the game needs to do more to improve its image until the talking heads on TV are happy to yammer on incessantly about it as they currently do with other sports...
nothing will help

the AFL have had 10 times as many players in court than the NRL, yet the NRL get bashed by the media who have an agenda

the media are now treating this Cousins issue as a positive. it's pathetic. i hope he OD's.

Brutus

Referee
Freedman has this grand holier-than-thou opinion on every issue in every sport. Yet when you ask him who the halfback at the Tigers is or the five-eighth at Canberra he has NFI. His intricate knowledge on all sports, bar racing, is mimimal. He didn't even know who won the 2003 Grand Final when asked the question the other day - his answer was the Broncos. f**k me dead.

I know Adam Spencer cracks a fat over the Swans, but I also thought he was a Manly supporter.

Farva

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Roy Masters (?) wrote an article in the SMH on his theory as to why Rugby league is totally ignored by the non-Sports media whereas AFL and Union discussions will pop up in the most unlikely places. It'd be online somewhere.

In Sydney, I think, it's because both Union and AFL are considered to be 'fashionable' and something people in the media wish to be associated with (which is why Delta Goodrem and an assortment of Z-grade celebrities turn up, and get photographed at Swans and 'Tahs matches).

While this annoys me incredibly, I think it's partly our fault and the game needs to do more to improve its image until the talking heads on TV are happy to yammer on incessantly about it as they currently do with other sports..

I totally agree. In my opinion AFL is the designated sport for people who don't like sport.

The Swans became fashionable in the late 90's, and everyone who didn't follow other codes at that point jumped on the f**king bandwagon because of the image that came with it. It's kind of like Melbourne Cup fever for the whole f**king winter. A bunch of wankers pretending they follow it because it raises their social cred.

Brutus

Referee
I remember Swans players trashed the Clovelly Hotel a few years and were rude to fellow patrons. This received one little article on about page 10 of the telegrpah and nobody bothered to follow up on it.

They can have this no dickheads policy because they know any of their misdameanors will be overlooked by the Sydney media.

Last year a Swans player dacked another Swans player in front of a group of school girls. The media laughed at it. Imagine it it were league players.

The AFL drug issue is also being given positive coverage now.

Brutus said:
I know Adam Spencer cracks a fat over the Swans, but I also thought he was a Manly supporter.

I've certainly never heard him show even the slightest interest in the game - let alone a specific club. If he is a Manly fan then he must be in the Manly fan relocation program lest he reveal his secret identity. He grew up in Gladesville (Tigers territory) and went to St Aloysius College.

On JJJ he and Wil Anderson would go on and on (and on) about Footscray (Wil's team) and Carlton (then it was apparently Spencer's team). Now he's on ABC AM it's all about the Swans.

Brutus

Referee
Spencer mentioned he liked Manly on that show called "The Fat" with many other nuffies that have already been mentioned here.

The guy grew up in West Sydney and would have no affiliation at all with the AFL, but to be trendy he goes on about the sh*te like it's the only sport he ever followed. Even a once good St George man and former country league player Tony Squires waxes lyrical about AFL and the Swans these days.

If you're an actor, a tv personality ect it seems to be trendy to associate yourself with an AFL team, however an NRL team could be detrimental to your career. I must ask Russell Crowe what he thinks of that.

magpie_man

Juniors
Brutus said:
The AFL drug issue is also being given positive coverage now.
This is the thing that get's me.
Wendell Sailor's career is over for testing positive to recreational drugs, he's serving a two-year ban and was bagged from pillar to post by the media.
This Cousins saga is turning into a "feel-good story" of a great bloke who fell on hard times with everyone wishing him well in his fight against his problem. He could be back playing again this season ffs.
It's bullsh!t.