What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest ever prelim final crowd coming up?

Brutus

Referee
The fact a possible Dogs v Eels prelim final is to be played on a Friday night will strip the game of at least 10k fans.

It's very annoying that a stupid VFL grand final at Etihad on the Friday night will have an impact on the Dogs v Eels crowd if that game in fact does eventuate.

The fact a possible Dogs v Eels prelim final is to be played on a Friday night will strip the game of at least 10k fans.

It's very annoying that a stupid VFL grand final at Etihad on the Friday night will have an impact on the Dogs v Eels crowd if that game in fact does eventuate.

thanks for the guy who is talking it DOWN!!!

come on, guys, this is sydney we are talking about here - the rugby league land of dissapointment and heartbreak!

its like I said, I'll be wowed if more than 25 k turn up....and even then I know you will all have excuses for me....like how immense and vast sydney is, and how people will have to leave in the wee hours of last week to just arrive on time at the game, then wonder why they even came because the view is so poor....

...and even then, despite living in one of the more affluent periods in history, people in sydney are supposedly so hard up they would have had to borrow from short term money lenders at 45% interest just to be able to afford tickets! And after the game they will curse their poor judgement because they will be saddled with extra debt!

yeah, get real sydney....you suck, and there's NO EXCUSE!

The Tank

Bench

come on, guys, this is sydney we are talking about here - the rugby league land of dissapointment and heartbreak!

its like I said, I'll be wowed if more than 25 k turn up....and even then I know you will all have excuses for me....like how immense and vast sydney is, and how people will have to leave in the wee hours of last week to just arrive on time at the game, then wonder why they even came because the view is so poor....

...and even then, despite living in one of the more affluent periods in history, people in sydney are supposedly so hard up they would have had to borrow from short term money lenders at 45% interest just to be able to afford tickets! And after the game they will curse their poor judgement because they will be saddled with extra debt!

$$Poor Boy Blues$$ I mean know offence at all by this but... could you please f**k off and die, you merkin. Again, I hope I didn't offend.

The Tank

Bench
you puny, weak little sydney siders.

here's an idea....why dont you get someone with a bit of cash, buy up 70,000 tickets, and scalp them at CHEAPER prices, say 50c each....there's your crowd. and free taxi to the stadium.

I'll do that when you neck yourself. Deal?

Mate who do you support? Always seems like a different team.

reminder, L.S

""""come on, guys, this is sydney we are talking about here - the rugby league land of dissapointment and heartbreak!

yeah, get real sydney....you suck, and there's NO EXCUSE!"""""

btw, the guy is a mercenary who loves to take opposite sides. he ->>> :crazy:

The Tank

Bench
ist2_2447147_raised_hand-740388.jpg

Chook Norris

First Grade

so there were 25k free tickets when dogs vs eels got 50k? (2 years ago)

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
its like I said, I'll be wowed if more than 25 k turn up

Are you taking the piss? Im guessing you are because although this may be Sydney, to suggest that Parramatta v Canterbury would attract less than 25,000 is laughable.

What are you basing that figure on anyway? No crowd has gone below 25k for a preliminary in the NRL era and the lowest preliminary final crowd in that time was 27,555 for Parramatta v Melbourne in 1999.

In this season which has broken many crowd records i cannot see what basis you have for your argument. If you do have a basis than please enlighten me.

Are you taking the piss? Im guessing you are because although this may be Sydney, to suggest that Parramatta v Canterbury would attract less than 25,000 is laughable.

What are you basing that figure on anyway? No crowd has gone below 25k for a preliminary in the NRL era and the lowest preliminary final crowd in that time was 27,555 for Parramatta v Melbourne in 1999.

In this season which has broken many crowd records i cannot see what basis you have for your argument. If you do have a basis than please enlighten me.

Dont feed the troll!
The girl is a merkin of the highest order
Anyone with 1/16th of a brain knows that game would get twice as much as 25,000.
$$ Poor Boy Blues$$ is just a whiny little girl

_Johnsy

Referee
its like I said, I'll be wowed if more than 25 k turn up.

$$PBB$$

You certainly like to talk it up, but do you have the balls to back it up?

Here is a bet.

If the NRL 2009 Canterbury Qualifying final in week 3 gets less than 25,000 spectators, I'll leave the forum for a year, without obtaining another account in another name.

If NRL 2009 Canterbury Qualifying final in week 3 gets more than 25,000 spectators, you leave the forum for a year, without obtaining another account in another name.

You made the claim, Nuts or no nuts ?

Brutus

Referee
Stuffed if I know who the different team is! I thought that, since 1976, it's been one team. We'll there ya go. Better tell me who else I support, so I can actually cheer 'em on.

There's a lot of Keith Rugg about you.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given the regular season clash in Round 20 got 31,000, how on Earth did you arrive at "no more than 25,000"? :lol:

You're a tool of the absolute highest order.