What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest ever prelim final crowd coming up?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The opening post indeed said IF the Eels beat the Titans, and offered an apology to Titans fans if indeed they did happen to win, as I didn't mean any offence by the discussion... merely an exciting prospect if the Eels were to win.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good Dog fan bashing ;-)

Lambretta

First Grade
If Parra get past the Titans - then you'd expect a huge crowd for this one. I reckon 50,000 would be on the cards for sure.

It would be a bigger crowd if it were a day game - the record would be well and truly in danger of being smashed in my opinion. But night games appeal for TV so they'll stick with the advertising revenue before anything else.

Chook Norris

First Grade
If Parra get past the Titans - then you'd expect a huge crowd for this one. I reckon 50,000 would be on the cards for sure.

It would be a bigger crowd if it were a day game - the record would be well and truly in danger of being smashed in my opinion. But night games appeal for TV so they'll stick with the advertising revenue before anything else.

surely we could get 35k* Bulldogs fans and 30k+** of the Eels

* 35k of the 40k crowd v the Warriors
**30k~ that will turn up against the Titans

at the end of the day though.. it will come down to promotion, this is too good of an opportunitiy to sit on our hands

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Brutus I love your footer about Peter Fitz, gee doesn't he give it to league at any opportunity in his Saturday SMH page.

Brutus

Referee
Brutus I love your footer about Peter Fitz, gee doesn't he give it to league at any opportunity in his Saturday SMH page.

But when they get him on a league show to give 'a rugby union guy's opinion' it's all suck suck.

Sickening. The guy would love nothing more than to see RL perish.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That will be announced later in the week, once 40,000+ tickets have been sold.

flamin

Juniors
Ah yes.

But what about non-DH. Have any non-rep/gf matches in the northern hemisphere beaten the 58593 Brisbane got vs St George in 1993?

_Johnsy

Referee
um this is rugby league. and yeah, its sydney too. the 25k finals hoodoo max in sydney WILL NOT BE BROKEN!!
disgusting but down right accurate

thanks for the guy who is talking it DOWN!!!
come on, guys, this is sydney we are talking about here - the rugby league land of dissapointment and heartbreak!

its like I said, I'll be wowed if more than 25 k turn up....and even then I know you will all have excuses for me....like how immense and vast sydney is, and how people will have to leave in the wee hours of last week to just arrive on time at the game, then wonder why they even came because the view is so poor....

...and even then, despite living in one of the more affluent periods in history, people in sydney are supposedly so hard up they would have had to borrow from short term money lenders at 45% interest just to be able to afford tickets! And after the game they will curse their poor judgement because they will be saddled with extra debt!

yeah, get real sydney....you suck, and there's NO EXCUSE!

you puny, weak little sydney siders..

You certainly like to talk it up, but do you have the balls to back it up?

Here is a bet.

If the NRL 2009 Canterbury Qualifying final in week 3 gets less than 25,000 spectators, I'll leave the forum for a year, without obtaining another account in another name.

If NRL 2009 Canterbury Qualifying final in week 3 gets more than 25,000 spectators, you leave the forum for a year, without obtaining another account in another name.

You made the claim, Nuts or no nuts ?

ok.. I can't reply to every little powder puff in this thread, so I am being selective. However, this particular post was chosen randomly. But I am just saying I read all your posts.
So, here' my thing. What you propose is a waste of time. And FFS, you ARE so serious.

Thanks for the laugh. You don't have to leave or anything like that. You just need to stop talking nonsense to me.

You made a stupid claim, admit you are wrong or take the bet. I find it quite ironic that you, of all people telling someone to stop talking nonsense. Hypocrite
How do you cope without a backbone ?

Pathetic, weak, feeble, pitiful.

How do you function being such a weak merkin, does mummy still wipe your ass. Grow a backbone, you made a claim now take the bet. Or is it that you are a typical QLD'er unable to back up such stupid claims you make, either way everyone knows how pathetic you are.

manly4lyf

Juniors
Should be a great crowd, I'll say 60k+.
Due to my mum being an Eels supporter, I'm getting some tix tomorrow.

Goddo

Bench
Pathetic, weak, feeble, pitiful.

How do you function being such a weak merkin, does mummy still wipe your ass. Grow a backbone, you made a claim now take the bet. Or is it that you are a typical QLD'er unable to back up such stupid claims you make, either way everyone knows how pathetic you are.

You forgot to mention pissant

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Eels Fans have acted quickly!

Availability:
A ReserveAvailable B ReserveAvailable C ReserveAvailable A Reserve - BulldogsAvailable B Reserve - BulldogsAvailable C Reserve - BulldogsAvailable A Reserve - EelsSingle seats only B Reserve - EelsSingle seats only C Reserve - EelsAvailable A Res - Alcohol FreeAvailable B Res - Alcohol FreeAvailable C Res - Alcohol FreeAvailable