What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest ever prelim final crowd coming up?

Binga

Juniors
20,000 tickets already sold for the Eels Vs Titans match, yet apparently the possible Eels Vs Bulldogs won't get 25,000.

Red Bear

Referee
That Wests Tigers vs Dragons semi in 2005 would have gone very, very, close to breaking the semi-final crowd record if it were at ANZ instead of SFS. Would have got 55,000-60,000 easily.

SFS was sold out and demand well-and-truly outstripped supply for that game.
That was a great game and a brilliant atmosphere
SFS>ANZ

_Johnsy

Referee
ok.. I can't reply to every little powder puff in this thread, so I am being selective. However, this particular post was chosen randomly. But I am just saying I read all your posts.

So, here' my thing. What you propose is a waste of time. And FFS, you ARE so serious.

Thanks for the laugh. You don't have to leave or anything like that. You just need to stop talking nonsense to me.

You made a stupid claim, admit you are wrong or take the bet. I find it quite ironic that you, of all people telling someone to stop talking nonsense. Hypocrite

How do you cope without a backbone ?

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
If the Eels beat the Titans, we'll be sitting on a week three corker. Bulldogs v Parramatta @ ANZ Stadium. :crazy:

Is it possible we could get 70, even 80k for such a clash? Both teams have the support, and the media in the lead up will be going absolutely wild...

(this is in no way meant to offend Titans' fans, I'm merely excited at the possibility!)

It would be a blight on the game if that match-up doesn't get at least 60-70K!

And I reckon it'll be a Dogs Vs Eels prelim!

Hanscholo

Bench
It would be over 60 imo. Two sides a long time off being successful ( appologgies bulldogs ). Both well supported and both sets of supporters come out of the woodwork for big games. It would be a massive spectacle, only beaten by the following week if saints get thru.

Hanscholo

Bench
reminder, L.S

""""come on, guys, this is sydney we are talking about here - the rugby league land of dissapointment and heartbreak!

its like I said, I'll be wowed if more than 25 k turn up....and even then I know you will all have excuses for me....like how immense and vast sydney is, and how people will have to leave in the wee hours of last week to just arrive on time at the game, then wonder why they even came because the view is so poor....

...and even then, despite living in one of the more affluent periods in history, people in sydney are supposedly so hard up they would have had to borrow from short term money lenders at 45% interest just to be able to afford tickets! And after the game they will curse their poor judgement because they will be saddled with extra debt!

yeah, get real sydney....you suck, and there's NO EXCUSE!"""""

btw, the guy is a mercenary who loves to take opposite sides. he ->>> :crazy:

If it wasnt for sydney you would be crying on union forums right now.

20,000 tickets already sold for the Eels Vs Titans match, yet apparently the possible Eels Vs Bulldogs won't get 25,000.

and the tale grew in the telling......with Chinese whispers.

You guys don't know sarcasm when you see it. Even if there was a slight hint of truth in it, given the appalling history of sydney crowds.

The first guy to get it wrong was a bafoon, the rest suckers.

The crowd for this game would depend heavily on how many members turn up.

most big games at ANZ members have to book for , but not this game. Meaning all 18,000 members seats would have to be kept in case they turn up.

So there would only be 64K approx seats that could be sold.

austyphoon

Juniors
Why are we even talking about this? The eels have to beat the Titans first!

Seems people are counting their chickens before they hatch. This whole thread will be null and void if they lose and it would be quite hilarious.

Don't jump the gun.

ozjet1

Why are we even talking about this? The eels have to beat the Titans first!

Seems people are counting their chickens before they hatch. This whole thread will be null and void if they lose and it would be quite hilarious.

Don't jump the gun.

the only smart post in the whole thread. shame it had to be the #118th one!

Eels fans generally seem to think the game on friday night is in the bag. even my parra mates who were extremely negative about coming away from kogarah celebrating a win have already pencilled in a meeting sat week with canterbury.

now i know this thread was started by a dogs fan, but yes, i would love to see the matchup eventuate, and hopefully witness yet another of Parra's Paul Carige-like meltdowns.....but how about dealing with the more immediate concern first. this is all pie in the sky dependent upon the result this friday night. typical of rugby league to always get ahead of itself.

mickdo

Coach
Oh please. The thread was started by a Dog fan, and most of the posters in it are non-Parra fans. We are not taking anything for granted.