What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Grub in the comp

Careful Dodger,

lets not imply Melbourne owners have an invested interest

you may be yelled at by a bunch of Mexicans wearing rose tinted glasses!

Blah blah...Melbourne Rant...scratched record.

Anybody would think you would reinvent yourself this year..not even.

Yawn...

Biggest Grub...Gallen niggles like the best.

Kite does it in a professional way..."sorry about that ref...I hit him high again..did'nt realise it".

Patsy

Juniors
Here is a list off the top of my head of the players who I thinks are the Grubs of the NRL, If you have any more just add them to the list

Greg Bird
Travis Burns
Tonie Carroll
Michael Crocker
David Faalogo
Paul Gallen
Corey Hughes
Jaiman Lowe
Steve MataiFuifui Moimoi
Brad Morrin
Luke O'Donnell
Ben Ross
Billy Slater
Brett White

all agressive players - i would have at least 8 of them in my side any day of the week

it seems the harder you play the more people feel you are a grub

take georgie rose - barely got a mention before this year. now that people know he is destructive they label him a grub. i don't get it!!!

greenfins

Juniors
all agressive players - i would have at least 8 of them in my side any day of the week

it seems the harder you play the more people feel you are a grub

take georgie rose - barely got a mention before this year. now that people know he is destructive they label him a grub. i don't get it!!!

Yep I gotta agree with you, while sometimes these guys have stepped over the line, I would have them in my team any day. Just ask any coach some some credentials.

Ulysseus

Bench
Definitely agree with the Steve Price call. Sly knees and forearms in tackles, diving at knees etc. Hopefully Brett White taught him a lesson

Agree, how many times has he done this now, once for absolutely sickening results on Tony Caine from memory.
If people want to talk about something that is not in the "spirit of the game" then take aim at that.

Ulysseus

Bench
Add that grubb George Rose to you list.

You already have a whole thread devoted to that.
I will once again repeat what I stated before that got you so hot under the collar, well, hot enough to act like am autistic f**king child / keyboard warrior:

As a Melbourne supporter, considering the calibre of "gamesmanship" from some of the Melbourne players over the last few years, you cannot endorse or tolerate that and then be angered by George's stiff arm, the Storm have done worse and got away with it.

Agree, how many times has he done this now, once for absolutely sickening results on Tony Caine from memory.
If people want to talk about something that is not in the "spirit of the game" then take aim at that.

When Scott Prince had his sickening leg break (when he was at Brisbane) I think it was Price who dove into him there as well. When Prince was at the Tigers Price dove at his leg while kicking, Prince landed on him, and Price was out for a few week from that. I thought it was justice.

Ulysseus

Bench
When Scott Prince had his sickening leg break (when he was at Brisbane) I think it was Price who dove into him there as well. When Prince was at the Tigers Price dove at his leg while kicking, Prince landed on him, and Price was out for a few week from that. I thought it was justice.

Not enough justice for him, people can sugarcoat it in anything they like, but diving at the kickers legs in a manner that is most likely not going to get your team the ball back but inflict damage to the person kicking it is a dog act.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
There's a difference between grub and pest.

I would say Gallen's a grub. I would say Sandows a grub. I would say Hodges is a grub. They're the kind to smack on a cheap shot, elbow, rake at the bleeding wound of an opponent..

I would say Ennis is a pest. I would say Sailor is a pest (as well as a great entertainer). They're the kind of players to piss you off with their talk on the field, their celebrations, their attitude.. But they're not the kind of person to physically harm someone and do disgusting things like mentioned above.

They just get under peoples skin mentally. The others *cough*Gallen*cough* get under their skin physically...

Big Pete

Referee

Pretty sure that was Jamie Feeney running through.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
There's a difference between grub and pest.

I would say Gallen's a grub. I would say Sandows a grub. I would say Hodges is a grub. They're the kind to smack on a cheap shot, elbow, rake at the bleeding wound of an opponent..

I would say Ennis is a pest. I would say Sailor is a pest (as well as a great entertainer). They're the kind of players to piss you off with their talk on the field, their celebrations, their attitude.. But they're not the kind of person to physically harm someone and do disgusting things like mentioned above.

They just get under peoples skin mentally. The others *cough*Gallen*cough* get under their skin physically...

Ennis is right up there with Gallen. He's a diver, a niggly cheap shot merchant, he's always the first one to rush in and escalate things whenever there's some push and shove.

Not as grubby as Gallen yet, but he's working on it.

Latest posts