What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest improvers in 2010

Phillips

Referee
1. Wesser
2. Merritt
3. Best
4. Champion
5. Talanoa

Not the greatest in the comp, but at full strength, certainly one of the most experienced. Our problems will come with any injuries as our backup's are-

Simpson
McQueen
Corrigan
Vai Vai
Morgan

Simpson is a good solid footballer and a great finisher, McQueen looked good the limited games he had last year. Corrigan was a solid defender until he was injured for the season. Vai Vai and Morgan lit up the 20's last year, but its a HUGE step up for them now.

Vaivai >>>> Champion

super_coach

First Grade
Iam I tiger man but I get puzzled at the way people are talking them up for 2010 based on a few good games at the back end of 2010 and a couple of off season buys. Yes Iam hopeful of a top eight finish but on what I have seen over the past four years i would not back them with stolen money. They could do anything and thats the problem if you get my drift

Vaivai >>>> Champion

Maybe by the end of this year, but not right now imo. Champion is a fairly underrated centre. Not the greatest at setting up his outside Man, but he is a fantastic finisher. There aren't too many around who run a better line than him. I'm looking forward to seeing him camped outside Dave Taylor or Sam Burgess this year, he should score a stack of tries off the quality ball they can provide.

Iafeta

Referee
Go look at the first 7 rounds last season before Cootes injury.

He was second to Boyd for tackle breaks and was very efficient in missed tackles given his size.

He has now added 10kg of muscle to his frame...allowing him to break more tackles and be even more effective in defensive and injecting himself into the line.

Coote has proven last season that he is a dynamic player. He just got injured.

This added weight will allow him to stay on the field much much longer.

Kemp on the other hand...was just rubbish in every game he played. He was playing for the Vulcans..not necessarily injured...Every Warriors fan wanted him gone. He added absolutely zero.

I realise he did well in 07...but that was also outside of Hodges who again...wont be there this season given he is injured.

A fantastic finisher yes...creating stuff on his own...fail.

Cootes a good talent, I just am not sure if physically he's capable of surviving through the NRL at the moment. I'd suggest something similar with Kevin Locke, started out great, slowly he fell back into the Warriors pack.

Kemp... he got no ball at the Warriors. Hard to score tries when the only move you have is to bomb it to Manu's wing. Make no mistake, Denan's lack of form was the result of horrible coaching.

Iafeta

Referee
The Tigers look to have a pack and guys on the edge that Benji can use. I'm concerned about the coach though. When Moltzen went to 7 he looked good, but the coach insists on having him play fullback like he insisted on having Bronson Harrison play prop. He's their weak link, without him, they have a massive shot at it.

Mader45

Juniors
In 2010 the biggest improvers will be the media.

After having controversy handed to them on a silver platter last year they will dredge the bottom of the barrell in coming up with ridiculously baseless stories to sell newspapers this year as players become more aware of the crap they will cop for any indiscretion.