What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest NRL disgrace of all time?

Biggest disgrace of all time

• Total voters

Moffo

Referee
When will the players wake up to themselves? maybe the only way is to list them here and get some of the players (that i know read these forums) to take stock and think...enough is enough and its time for a change

Cheers,
Moffo

chefman21

Juniors
Posted this in the main Monaghan thread but it got lost with everyone posting so quickly...

It's about time the clubs, the fans, and the players started listening to other people. I was discussing a few things with several PR people and media professionals not long ago and they say that the clubs (all sports) don't listen. These people explain to the clubs, the fans and players that with the rise of new media i.e. the combining of traditional forms of media with new technology, things like this are going to be instant news and in the case of Twitter and the like are going to be spread worldwide.

Society knows the effects of alcohol, society is against poor behaviour and society regards these people as celebrities and role models. Celebrities and role models come with certain standards of behaviour they need to follow. Humans have certain standards of behaviour to follow.

It's all too easy now to record your mate and have it on youTube within 15 minutes. It's all too easy to send a picture to 50 people in 15 seconds. They get on the piss, they go out in public and someone recognises them. It's instant recognition now too with the rise of the internet. There is a reason this is being called the Information Age. And there is a reason this is called the Age of Communication. What do people expect?

mrpwnd

Bench
Who cares? It's always a good laugh on my end.
Whether it be poo, girls or just the odd dog.

Ridders

Coach
In terms of the actual incident, we've seen worse.

In terms of disrepute to league, this will be right up there.

Charlie124

First Grade
uhhh..... id say more than 5 years of systemic cheating the entire competition while stealing premierships is kind of a big deal.....

but, you know...Julian O'Neill taking a piss is definately up there with that.

Loudstrat

Coach
:lol: Moffo you dumb f*ck - half those incidents were just media beatups. And you forgot some classics too -

Three men and a little lady - Caxton Cubicle style
The Full monty part I - The Coogee Bay Flash of the Frankfurt
The Full monty part II - Trent training - Temora style
The Full monty Part III - Golf with Groping Gower
The Full Monty part IV - Alfie does Noosa

Moffo

Referee
:lol: Moffo you dumb f*ck - half those incidents were just media beatups. And you forgot some classics too -

Three men and a little lady - Caxton Cubicle style
The Full monty part I - The Coogee Bay Flash of the Frankfurt
The Full monty part II - Trent training - Temora style
The Full monty Part III - Golf with Groping Gower
The Full Monty part IV - Alfie does Noosa

which ones didn't happen you cockface?

fumblebum

Juniors
I must say, the one thing the NRL does better than the AFL is a good scandal. Some serious meatheads play that game.

stormbati

Bench
Has to be Joey Johns and the Eckie connection. This is the best player in the games history we're talking about.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yeah, for sheer stupidity this ranks pretty high. But actual crimes with victims are far worse than any drunken shenanigans O'Neill, Carney, Myles or Monaghan have ever got up to. I'm sure the dog isn't too traumatised