What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater - greatest ever fullback?

Is billy Slater the greatest ever fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According that toucan Laurie Daley. Pretty bold statement considering a few immortals that played the position.

So, is he? I never saw Langlands or Churchill but I say no because IMO at his peak Minichiello was better than Slater which makes at least 1 person better.

Big Pete

Referee
It depends on whether or not you believe the Storm scandal tarnishes career.

If not, then I think he's making a fair claim. He's at least on par if not better than Lockyer & Minichiello at fullback.

typicalfan

Coach
Not as consistent as some but when he is on his game there are very few better. I think he is better than Mini was, Mini always had bad hands even at his best. Slater is good at pretty much everything except he has the odd clanger.

mongoose

Coach
His last 3 or so seasons are the best I've ever seen from a fullback. I hate him because he's too good.

MacDougall

First Grade
He's definitely the best in a long time. He is a lot better than Minichiello. I haven't seen any better but I can't say for sure whether he is.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's the best of his generation. Dont see how you can compare players of different eras to determine who was the best of all.

HowHigh

Coach
Best fullback I've seen in the years I've watched league, can't comment on players before my time that I haven't watched.

shane1970

Juniors
To even put Slater and Minichiello in the same sentence is RIDICULOUS - Minichiello doesn't even come close to Slater _ he is the BEST i have seen in my 41 years - without doubt.

Perce

Juniors
To even put Slater and Minichiello in the same sentence is RIDICULOUS - Minichiello doesn't even come close to Slater _ he is the BEST i have seen in my 41 years - without doubt.

Yes, Minichiello has been a good player but is two classes below Slater. Slater is the best I've seen.

sputneek

Juniors
Minichiello was the best player in the game by far before his back was assassinated by vermin. Slater is a good fullback but would be an even better hooker.