What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy the CAT !!!!

innsaneink

Referee
Y2Eel said:
you do realize name calling isnt a good look for a what 50+ year old

:lol:

Oh dear, wrong ....AGAIN.... dont you tire of being incorrect, or is it a big part of your life?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

ink accusing others of jumping to conclusions??

Hehehehehe...

Y2Eel

First Grade
innsaneink said:

Oh dear, wrong ....AGAIN.... dont you tire of being incorrect, or is it a big part of your life?

sorry thought you were retired or something seeing as though your on here 24/7....

but i would have said your about what 19-25 with the way youve been acting on these forums....

effnic

Bench
LOL at f**king dumb ass storm supporters trying to stick up for a tool that kicks a guy straight in the face. What next hoppa tripped on a blade of grass and galloway just happened to be in the way.

aids

Bench
close the thread and throw away the key.
the crime was commited and the attacker charged and punished accordingly.

just for reference, how long did cross get for the gouge last year?

shadow grinder

First Grade
effnic said:
LOL at f**king dumb ass storm supporters trying to stick up for a tool that kicks a guy straight in the face. What next hoppa tripped on a blade of grass and galloway just happened to be in the way.

f**k off you genius. who the f**k has been sticking up for slater? because kia said "he did nothing wrong" before the footage was released? read the posts you manly nice person, almost all storm fans have said he deserved the suspension...none of us have siad what he did was right.

innsaneink

Referee
junior009 said:
Nah, it definitely wasn't.

It definitely was McDougall.

Check NRL on Fox tonite at 6pm...its a replay of last nites ...they showed footage.

8 Oct 1997:
Newcastle centre Adam McDougall is suspended for three matches for stomping on the face of Manly captain Geoff Toovey in the grand final.

The history of rugby league clubs; Ian Collis and Alan Whittaker. p.281

Mr Saab

Referee
junior009 said:
Nah, it definitely wasn't.

yeah it definately was.
I dont know what 1997 GF you were watching, but it was Adam McDougal that stomped on the face of Geoff Toovey.
He recieved a 3 week suspension as a result of it (first 3 of 1998 season)

parra73

Juniors
what a cat, its all in the footage in all its glory. i cant for the life of me for him to turn around & say it was an accident, so i guess being drunk behind the wheel warrants im sorry sir its not my fault that i was drunk?

mattyj

Juniors
Pretty bad incident IMO, deserves to be suspended.

Although, i have more time for players who get caught up in the heat of battle like and make stupid mistakes like Slater, Tallis, Betham, woolford etc.

These type of players IMO are old school one club, loyal and passionate types of guys and lose their cool because they are giving everything they have for their respective teams.

I'd much rather have these types of players playing for my club than cheap players who consistently are just cowards like Hoppa and Glenn Morrison.

Professional league is full of players who put money ahead of their clubs or countries, its quite refreshing to see a player cross the line every now and again because he has lost himself in the heat of a contest for his club.

shadow grinder

First Grade
parra73 said:
what a cat, its all in the footage in all its glory. i cant for the life of me for him to turn around & say it was an accident, so i guess being drunk behind the wheel warrants im sorry sir its not my fault that i was drunk?

i think you will find he is saying he didnt mean to kick him in the head. anyone can see that he meant to kick him...but i dont think he meant to get him where he did.

parra73

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
i think you will find he is saying he didnt mean to kick him in the head. anyone can see that he meant to kick him...but i dont think he meant to get him where he did.

i understand where you are coming from, but the bottom line is he lashed out & made contact to his head. now i know footy is a tough game & in the heat of the battle they get frustrated but sometimes it aint wise doing things like that these days as big bro is watching. perhaps you would of got away with it 20 odd years ago but not now, technology has caught up, the footage sunk him there & then.

shadow grinder

First Grade
parra73 said:
i understand where you are coming from, but the bottom line is he lashed out & made contact to his head. now i know footy is a tough game & in the heat of the battle they get frustrated but sometimes it aint wise doing things like that these days as big bro is watching. perhaps you would of got away with it 20 odd years ago but not now, technology has caught up, the footage sunk him there & then.

oh i agree. he got what he deserved and everything and im not making excuses...but when he says i didnt mean to do it, i think he means didnt mean to kick him in the head.

parra73

Juniors
would have been interesting if had he made contact anywhere else would he have copped the same punishment? who knows the judiciary works in mysterious ways!

Latest posts