What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy the CAT !!!!

innsaneink

Referee
Defeated Eels 25-6
Defeated Canberra 70-32
Defeated Bulldogs 46-22

Up next
15_t.gif
Time to change the sig, brick boy.

Paranoid

Juniors
It’s was a brain explosion and he will be punished for it. It’s not like they are trying to defended it like the Williams’s King Hit, Dunley’s Spitfest or Cross’s Eye Gouge of recent times. Skando got over it and accepted the apology, it’s a pity some fans can’t. By all means discuss, but whoever put together that clip really has no life.

Lolesi is very lucky. And the Storm were not given a penalty when he was put a report (which is pretty much unheard of) – that’s potentially HUGE in what was a close game … quickly someone make a clip of that ! :roll:

Cloud9

innsaneink said:
With good reason

Jarrod McCracken, permanently put out of the game= Melb
O'Neill, victim of the the cheapest king hit EVER= Melb
Skando, intentionally kicked in the head= Melb

See a trend?

Hopoate, the world's most famous Proctologist =West Tigers

No , I don't see a trend.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
dodge said:
Doesn't mean sh*t now, all that needs to happen is for you whinging f**king losers to get over it.

It means you have NFI. Always have, always will have NFI.

Don't you get it dodge - nobody gives a flying f**k about what you think. Ever wondered why your posts cop so much abuse? Well, I'm not sure if your entirely aware of it, but its because you are a f**kwit. Plain and simple.

simon says

First Grade
Hehehhe.....yesss,Dodge is a little......slow.

I just read that poor ol Billy didnt mean to do it.......

And Williams had amnesia didnt he????

Classic.

Glen

Bench
Paranoid said:
It’s was a brain explosion and he will be punished for it. It’s not like they are trying to defended it like the Williams’s King Hit, Dunley’s Spitfest or Cross’s Eye Gouge of recent times.
Actually they are defending it, claiming it was accidental to try and get the grading reduced. While the only one who really knows if it was intentional is Slater himself, it looks very much so on tape

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
simon says said:
Hehehhe.....yesss,Dodge is a little......slow.

I just read that poor ol Billy didnt mean to do it.......

And Williams had amnesia didnt he????

Classic.

:lol:

Difference being I don't think O'Neill came out in defence of Williams.

In this case, Skando has actually come out in defence of Slater hasn't he?

But hey, all Tigers fans need an excuse to whinge, so go for it buddy ;-)

Skando didnt really see what happened as he had his face down, i bet when he see's it on replay he wont be coming to slater defence. I just cant wait till we play them again, slater is going to get smashed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm sure three days on he's already watched the video mate - and from memory in yesterdays tele he was saying he didn't think Slater deserved a suspension, especially one that put him out of commission for SOO1.

simon says

First Grade
Skandies just a straight up nice bloke....old style.

But.......the fact that Slater is denying that he did it,well thats just ridiculous.Just face up to it and cop the fine.

innsaneink

Referee
"We've seen a fair bit of footage of it and I must admit it doesn't look good. When I first came off the field, I thought it was an accident. The video footage doesn't look very good, but we're all fine about it and I still think I didn't mean to do it, so that's what we're going for."
- Billy Slater

-----------------------------------

Now....whenever an accident occurs to me...I have never had to think to myself and ask myself if it was an accident or not.
The prang I had when I was 20yo, that cost me $800 certainly wasnt intentional....knew straight away - accident

When I hit my thumb with a hammer...."Hmm, did I do that on purpose or was it and accident"? I wonder?:-k

"I think I didnt mean to do it":lol::lol: FMD!

innsaneink said:
- Billy Slater

Now....whenever an accident occurs to me...I have never had to think to myself and ask myself if it was an accident or not.
The prang I had when I was 20yo, that cost me $800 certainly wasnt intentional....knew straight away - accident

When I hit my thumb with a hammer...."Hmm, did I do that on purpose or was it and accident"? I wonder?:-k

Blah blah blah blah...yawn... :roll: :roll:

shadow grinder

First Grade
tell ya what would be funny....if slater asked skando to help him in his case and skando turns up and says "i got amnesia from the kick" ...ok prolly not that funny...but it would be cool.

innsaneink said:
- Billy Slater

How about when you got conceived????

UndertakerMike said:
How about when you got conceived????

Relevance! The procreation jokes have been around longer than the wrap around.
Even Shakespeare has had a stab although his jibes were couched in more eloquent terms.

Slappy

Juniors
dodge said:
I'm sure three days on he's already watched the video mate - and from memory in yesterdays tele he was saying he didn't think Slater deserved a suspension, especially one that put him out of commission for SOO1.

Victims of on field indiscretions rarely front the media and say 'I want that merkin suspended, nobody does that to me and gets away with it!'

It has become a formality for the victim to play it down to the media, in all but the most serious circumstances. Skando does not want to come across as some whingeing woman crying out for punishment.

What he said to the journos means nothing, and there's a good chance he'll still be looking to line him up in round 22!

innsaneink

Referee
shadow grinder said:
tell ya what would be funny....if slater asked skando to help him in his case and skando turns up and says "i got amnesia from the kick" ...ok prolly not that funny...but it would be cool.

Skando has dignity and integrity, as his acceptance of Slaters apology shows....unlike someone else with amnesia we knew of.

Tigers chief executive Steve Noyce yesterday made it clear that the club would not go out of its way to aid Slater.
"Our policy is we don't get involved in judiciary matters like that," Noyce said. "It's up to the Melbourne Storm to mount their challenge."