What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird back home to roost?

Would you take Bird back?

• Yes

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Eion

First Grade
Alright let’s pull them out and put them on the table:

Would you take Greg Bird back to play at the Sharks? (assuming he’s not in the clanger and can be registered by the NRL)

FTR I vote "no". I'm all for giving blokes a second chance but I just think it would end in tears.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
With the assumptions yes.

That said, the real question , would Bird come back to the sharks, my guess is no.

Eion

First Grade
With the assumptions yes.

That said, the real question , would Bird come back to the sharks, my guess is no.
I doubt he would too, angry, he didn't show the sharks any respect when he was with us - which is the main reason why he gets my "no" vote.

Quigs

Immortal
I said get rid of him at the beginning when he refused to speak to the club at all.

I was happy for him to get the royal order ofthe boot.

But yes I would have him back if allowed to play, if our coach / club wanted him back of course. Ive changed my mind simply on the grounds of the actions of more then a few clubs this year that had rules for them and rules for us.

Its okay for clubs like the Sharks to throw their "star" players out of the game because they are obvious dickheads but the all mighty Manly's, Donkeys', Storm and the C0cks etc etc can play their dickhead stars after token punishment or convenient carpet lifting as the broom sweepeth by.

Or maybe there is just an important knock out semi final coming around.

Narrrrrrhhh f**k em, and their Mr Gallop I am not going to take this NRL get tough policy.

Look how they treated the return of Stewart, and Ingliss is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

The Dodger

First Grade
looks like the majority would want him back.

the guys a champion footy player.

thats all that matters to me.

No. It ain't going to happen.

There's more chance of Grasshopper Gomersall coming back to ref the SOO.

If we signed him up again we'd get hammered for it.

If the Gold Coast signed him up it would be seen as a second chance.

Work that one out..........

Quigs

Immortal
Tell you what I reckon would happen.

If the club resigned the Bird, and said we have decided that it would be in Gregs Best interest and the interest of fair play that we afford him a second chance with the club he started off with........... and we believe that he has served his time with the NRL then.........

In two months time no one would give a rats arse about the crap.

It would be just like the C0cks did with the woman assualter, he has been transferred now hasn't he? But he is still in the top shelf NRL.

And we all know bout the faces of Rugby League 2009.

So why not (covers mouth with hand) forgive and forget. Just like every other bastard out there that wants to win the comp has or does.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah why not. His market value is about $50 or $60k in the NRL right now. That's all the Titans are prepared to give. His problem at the Sharks was Zappia. He's gone. He may be up for it.

However, our softcock club doesn't care about winning and he may not fit the new image. Whatever that is.

Surely

Post Whore
Yeah why not. His market value is about $50 or $60k in the NRL right now. That's all the Titans are prepared to give.

Yes but he'd probably be able to buy a nice house on the broadwater a couple of hundred thousand less than market price.

Since 73

First Grade
Ive changed my mind simply on the grounds of the actions of more then a few clubs this year that had rules for them and rules for us.

... the all mighty Manly's, Donkeys', Storm and the C0cks etc etc can play their dickhead stars after token punishment or convenient carpet lifting as the broom sweepeth by.
That sums it up for me Quigs.
If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

He wouldn't come back though.

Latest posts